Saturday, November 29, 2008

We don't gossip....we blog.

Open and guilt free blogging. Putting ourselves out there, allowing lurkers and loving them for their interest and comments. We post the blogs we lurk on or read (reading would be people we know and lurking on a stranger's blog...right?) and give others more fuel to their fire of who-is-doing-what-and-with-whom. Like dropping eaves to the two ladies on the machines next to me at the gym (I would never do that...), we click on a link that opens a new dialogue in our life. And it is okay. It's not gossip...

Well...if that's not gossip...I'm going to go through my "blog stalking" roll that you might anyway and create some juicy gossip from it...I can't resist:

So with Thanksgiving there was a lot of “what am I thankful for?” posts. Among them were An Ordinary Mom; she and I exercise next to each other occasionally when I am not eaves dropping on the strangers next to me. I mean, uh, I would never do that! Another “thankful” blogger is my friend Jenny. We’ve known each other for ever...that means as long as I can remember...and that is about age two or so.

Besides Thanksgiving, what is the talk? Well, that would be Twilight madness!!! Every body I know loved the movie. A few blogged about their excitement. Like my friend from college, Stephanie. So all liked it…except me…not so much. Sorry. I just thought it was too melodramatic.

Did you hear the latest on my sister-in-law, Lindsay? She just celebrated her 5th anniversary and is waiting everyday for her baby, Jacob, to say he’s ready to enter the world. I love that woman. She is a blessing in my life and so crafty, too! My other great blessing, Talia, posted pictures of her family’s trip to the pumpkin farm and hasn’t done much since. She is a very busy mother of three and I completely understand the lack of time for updating. But aren’t my nieces and nephews cute? To see even more of my siblings offspring, my sister, Heidi has been working on launching her blog and Tommy just had is 5th birthday!

I know a lot of couples with three children. So my two sisters-in-law (note: it isn’t sister-in-laws, but sisters-in-law) have or will be having three along with my sister, Heidi. Rachel and Talia, both from college each have three now. Heather from my last ward (that’s LDS talk for "congregation") has three now. Heather moved to Montana recently. I guess she needed more sky; the sky in Montana is bigger, you know.

The only thing I’ve birthed lately is my blog on Migraines. And speaking of headaches: did you know that poor eyesight can give headaches? Thankfully we can correct poor eyesight with glasses. My friend, Alicia, just bought a new pair of eye glasses. Cute! (note: did you just see how I transitioned to bring two completely separate blogs together? I think I get at least a silver star on my chart for that.)

So a friend from college, Michael is a fabulous pastry chef and she has put out a calendar that you can purchase to support Courtney’s sister. Both Courtney and her sister, Stephanie are complete strangers to me. But being a lurker I found their blogs off of the blog, Oinkle Doinkle. Carrot Jello, the writer of Oinkle Doinkle, and I’m proud to say, my cousin, is hilarious!! She is taking a break (hopefully she’ll return to this someday) from blogging right now but you’ll have fun reading her stuff. And speaking of cousins, A Waist is a Terrible Thing to Mind hasn’t blogged in a while either…

More cousins! I am the youngest of 25 grandchildren on my mom’s side and that gives me many cousins. My cousin Dave and his wife Allison have little Max who at seven months old, just had surgery on his little head. For lighter news, Dave’s sister and of course, my cousin, Carol had fun dressing up her sons for Halloween.

Some church lady news (because that is where the gossip is juicy!):
Did you know that Rory had her appendix out? Yes. And quite the fun she is when on drugs! And speaking of fun, do you remember the topsy tail? Calley has one and is quite the “romancer” with all her fresh hairstyle moves. Jen has been turning socks into dress
up clothing for her daughters. Did you see Lindy’s cute belly? She is showing now and looks very good in her maternal state.

So many babies coming into the world! From Geoff’s graduate school experience we met some great people. And two of those ladies are both with child right now! Sarah is having her second child and Steph is having twins, a boy and a girl!! I am so thrilled for the both of them.

The funniest gossip to write about is this: Madeline proposed marriage to Matthew, my great friend, Julie’s son. She blogged about it…but delegated the post to my post. Funny, huh? I think I might start doing that a lot.

Wow. That’s a lot of gossip…uh, er…I mean, blogging!

6 comments:

Calley said...

I made the post! (hair flip)

RORYJEAN said...

Haha... I feel so well-informed, now. I wonder how little I would know about alot of people without blogging.

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

Thanks for the shout-out!

Lindy said...

Wow--I made your blog cut. I feel so famous!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Quite the linky love in this post ... I love it :) !!

carol said...

I think this 'gossip' blog has real potential for a TV series, and the potential for stories is unlimited. Send out a "Blog help request" to Bloggers for their Hollywood-show biz relative or friend's address. Your contract could be BIG. As agent, my cut is 25%. That's only fair.
Mom