Saturday, November 1, 2008

Prednisone to Ritalin


Wow. Three posts in two days. One side effect of what I'm about to talk about.


So I've had nasty little (big, actually) migraines for a little over a year now. The last two weeks I've had them every day so my neurologist has me on prednisone to disrupt the cycle.


It hasn't made me very energetic because it is working so hard to control the migraines, I think.


Until now! I am not having a migraine (at this moment) and I just took the pills an hour ago. WOWZA!


So I'm thinking about becoming one of those mothers who sends her child to the doctor to get Ritalin solely to take the meds herself. Just kidding....er.....

6 comments:

32 Flavors said...

Keep it up...November is the month where you are suposed to blog everyday, I think? It's called NaPoBlo or something like that....

Adam said...

Is that Sally directing traffic?

jennycooks said...

You will not be that mom - but this is funny.

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

So, is Ritalin really that good?

Lefty said...

I don't know if Ritalin is that good. For people with ADD i think it helps them focus and calm down. For those who aren't, it's speed. I just remember a Desperate Housewives episode I watched (yes, gasp! i watch trash television from time to time) and Lynette, a mother of four or so children took her child's ritalin and got SO much accomplished. Of course she was all drugged up and had a bummer coming down. But her house was spotless, children's costumes sewn and all that good stuff. ..Tempting...

I mean, I'm kidding....

Adam said...

People with ADD think differently (of course) due to the abnormal effect from some Neurons in the brain not connecting all the way to one another. The Ritalin acts the same way to those with ADD as it does to anyone else, but in giving these Neurons a kick in the pants, concentration and thinking is more effective.
Why do I know this and why am I writing this at 4 in the morning? Ironic isn't it? I actually woke up without hearing the outcome of Proposition 8 and had to check...