Wednesday, November 5, 2008


I FINISHED!
I've blogged about this. I've felt guilty blogging about this...only because if I weren't blogging, I could be reading...
So many books on my shelf to fly through now.
I suppose I should say something about the book. Kind of like when somebody dies and you give them respect...
Just kidding! It's not that I'm not glad I read it. I enjoyed the book. I liked the story. I like the way it turned out. I liked learning about those wars, the stratagem, the author's assumptions on the historical characters and their thoughts and motives. I enjoyed Tolstoy's spirituality, how he looked at death and wrote about it through his characters. I liked the irony I found in reading this story: how in times of peace, there was a lot of inward conflict. And in times of war, for many of the characters, life was spelled out simply for them and they saw clearly.
I suppose I should read some notes on this book, or some lectures or something. I probably sound ignorant giving a recap on a book this intense, especially since I haven't had anybody to at least talk about the book with. Oh well...those are the things I liked about the book. Those are things that I gleaned from it. Good book. I don't think I'll be reading this a second time, though...

3 comments:

Calley said...

Wow...you go girl. The only thing I've considered with that book before was using it as a booster seat! One day I'll try it out...er, one day. Thanks for the smashing review!

Rachel said...

well done, Kimberlee, well done...thanks for telling me what the book was about so I don't have to torture myself! That's what my sister says about Jane Austen...whatever.

jennycooks said...

Thanks for the recap, now I don't ever have to crack it open! Cuz I won't! So nice to have brainy friends like you.