
6:00 Alarm goes off, reminding me of Ward Council that Geoff is also going to.
6:10 Alarm reminding me again that I should get up and I am grateful I showered and styled my hair last night before bed....wonder if bedhead will ruin my plans...
6:20 Discuss with Geoff when he needs to get up and comment that this is the second day in a row that we are up before the girls. That is just wrong.
6:30 I really should get up.
6:40 This is the time that Geoff said he needs to get up. I wish at this moment that I had set my alarm for 6:40 so that this would be the time I would be waking up for the first time, allowing me another 40 precious minutes of sleep.
6:42 The girls come into our room. Now we really need to get up.
6:43 Geoff gets the girls waffles, I get my contacts on and start getting ready.
7:00 Everybody is almost ready.
7:15 We were suppose to be at friend Julie's house to drop off our girls and pick up her husband Jon for same said meeting. But we're not...
7:16 Anna starts throwing tantrum about shoes. Of course she does.
7:18 I take Maddie out to the car and clean out car a tiny bit so Jon has somewhat reasonable place to put his feet.
7:20 My body warns me that I will get vertigo in one minute. Of course it does.
7:22 I stumble into house sideways (my vertigo steers me to the left always), passing Geoff and Annalise who are coming out. I grab bowl to throw up in and migraine nasal spray.
7:24 Driving away, buckles on, Annalise crying still. I proceed to vomit while Geoff drives down the road. Annalise stops crying to listen to me heave.
7:26 Arrive at Julie's. Get out of car with bowl (thankful that I didn't have time for breakfast) and get Madeline out while Geoff gets Annalise out. Pass Julie by heading toward her bathroom explaining that I need to clean out my vomit and grateful that Julie is so low-key that she doesn't even flinch...but she knows I come with drama. It's a package deal.
7:28 Drive off for meeting, knowing we will be late, and also knowing I must get my sweaty head and face dry...panic a tiny bit because I don't have any napkins to do this. Grateful for the car's air in my face to dry me... Clean up mascara run that inevitably happens because of throwing up.
7:35 Arrive at meeting. Late. (I hate being late. Biggest pet peeve...next to bigotry.)
8:45 Meeting ends. Go get into car sans Geoff to pick up girls.
8:55 Arrive at Julie's. Get girls into car totally impressed by some chocolate waffle iron cookies that Julie made with the girls and putting a side note in my head to get recipe.
9:00 Stop by the house to get anti-nausea medication and enough adult baby aspirin to equal my neurologist's supplemental prescription (12 baby aspirin comes just a few mg under the Rx..close enough) when the spray just isn't enough.
9:10 Arrive just in time for church...to be late.
10:10 Discuss with Geoff that I would like to go home. Arrange it. Geoff drives me home. I check email for a few minutes (because my life depends on it...that is why I think I have the need to do this horrible time sucking ritual) and then go to sleep.
12:30 or so...Geoff arrives home with girls.
1:10 Dress for meeting with Beehive Presidency and head back to church.
1:40 At home in record time, grateful for the short meeting.
1:50 Lay back down in my bedroom and cuddle with Annalise for a few hours.
4:30 Write this.
I love Sundays. I am grateful that I didn't have vertigo or migraines during my play performances on Friday and Saturday night; I consider it a blessing to have had it this morning instead of those times. I love that I find humor through these migraines, often when I'm throwing up. I love that Heavenly Father makes us better at what we must go through in life. I am grateful that my parents taught me to go to church...no matter what. Life always feels better once I'm sitting in the chapel and taking the Sacrament. No matter what.
And I hope you find humor in this post and not pity...
9 comments:
oh wow. i am not sure what else to say.
That is a horrible way to start a day! You still made it to Beehive Presidency Meeting - you are amazing!
You go champ.
If it makes you feel better, I finally talked myself into making it through church with my kiddo's alone - and we only arrived an hour and a half late... Oh well, some days it's all you can do...
I love that you said you come with 'drama', it's a package deal
(so do I!) It's one of my fav. things about you.
Kim, I can sympathize in a way that no one else can right now. I dont have vertigo but this baby is making me sick every minute. I feel like I got off a ride at 6 Flags. The really big scarry ones! I gag all day and I hear you on the barfing thing! The bathroom smells are the worst for me. I am going to invent non scented personal hygene things when this pregnancy is done. Vanilla bean body scrub my A** is smells like poo! HaHa. I know you hear me on this one! Miss you tons and I wish I could come mix dramas. We were good at that. Love, Sarah
Wow. How awful for you to deal with. And on top of all that you still have your great sense of humor!! What a day. But you're right- going to church does always make your day better, even if at the moment you think it's the last thing you want to do. I really do feel for you on the migraines though. Have you figured out why you get them??
Bigotry and tardiness? Good combo. I'm sorry things are not going well as of late...Ever since you brought up the verification word, I can't help but notice it.
Ented.
Thanks!
Kimberlee, no one could ever accuse you of being a Quitter! I find your determination and your wit amazing. Here you've demonstrated that you're a Supreme Coper (as in "coping better than anyone else ever could or ever would under like circumstances") while simultaneously being a Multi-Thinking Tasker (I said it right!), i.e., where you rushed past your friend with freshly cleaned-out vomit bowl under arm, for the purpose of getting to meeting on time, with focused thought: "I must get her recipe for those interesting-looking, delicious-smelling Chocolate Waffles".
Mom
Waffle Cookies
1.5 c sugar
1 c butter, melted
1 t vanilla
2 c flour
0.5 c cocoa
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition. Stir in vanilla, then cocoa, then flour. Drop by teaspoonfuls on a heated waffle iron. Cook for 1.5 minutes.
I like these because they are fast and easy and I don't have pans to clean up afterward. I usually cut the recipe in half so I'm not cooking forever. The girls seemed to enjoy making them with Matthew and me.
Thank you, Julie for the recipe. I'm sure all will be excited to try this recipe. And it looks really simple and I am all about easy clean up!
Post a Comment