
For Family Home Evening last night, we talked about gratitude again. This month is the obvious month for those lessons as we all turn our thoughts to Thanksgiving.
I had the girls write thank you notes to any person they wished. They both chose their teachers.
Annalise wrote thank you notes to Mrs. Mora, for letting her do things she likes, and to Mrs. Fenigsohn, for letting them be on the computer.
Madeline wrote thank you notes to her preschool teachers for: "calling me over to paint and saying, 'Madeline, it's your turn.' And for sitting with me." Also she wrote thank you notes (okay, I wrote the notes and she dictated to me) to her nursery teachers, for, "letting her play with the toys after singing" "thank you for the snacks."
It was fun. Annalise wrote mostly everything in her notes...she just needed help spelling a few words.
2 comments:
I am so thankful for old friends like you. I love you. I love that you accept me for however or whatever I am. I hope you know that is fully reciprocated. Thanks for all the love.
What a cool idea! Expressing gratitude makes us happier people too, and that to some degree we depend on each other's support to succeed.
I love you, am grateful for you and Geoff, and for the way you two parent my grandchildren!
Mom
Post a Comment