Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Research Needed!

Please respond to this and leave a comment!!! Even if you're a stranger and you happen to come to my boring blog from one of my more interesting family members or friend's blogs.

I'm writing a story and in it the character loves art.

Please tell me what your favorite paintings are and maybe what you love about them. It may end up in a short story or if I get into this even more...a book. A book read by perhaps the six people I force to read it.

So: please tell me some of your favorite paintings. Local artists, Not-local artists, Dead artists, Alive artists. They have to be somewhat known (i.e. not your children!) --enough to be in a gallary or museum or building.

If you can't think of any please (Please! PLEA---EASE!) ask somebody who may have an idea.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love Georgia O'keefe...Because her style is so uniquely hers you can always spot her paintings out because of her uniqueness...also I LOVE impressionist era...marie Cassette especially because she actually went against the grain to paint what she wanted to vs. what was popular @ the time and it ended up really paying off and shaping art history...pretty amazing eh? Plus Her paintings seem very family oriented even though she was an old maid and never wanted a family. crazy eh? Also I like Degas for the same reason...I guess I like the way they portray people.

I was an Art History major for 2 Semesters before I got married :) If you need to know more let me know I have tons of books :)

Lefty said...

Thank you, Rachel for leaving a comment. Please everybody leave one!!! I know there is only a handful (at most) who are aware or come to my blog, but just give me a painting! It doesn't have to be as educated as Rachel's. Just something. It helps me...