No, this is not a negative post and no, I'm not talking about my husband...
Last night I was up late (late to me is anything past 11 o'clock now...) reading War and Peace, which by the way, I'm almost 200 pages into it and love it--even the war chapters--when I heard Madeline coming out of her room. I knew she was coming into our room and for some reason didn't want to get caught reading late. (Is this something from childhood or something? Strange--I knew it was my little three year old coming in but I still didn't want her to know that my lights were on!) So I closed he book, turned off the light and waited for her to come in.
"Can I sleep with you?"
"Of course", said the mother who used to think it was evil to co-sleep (before my babes came into the world) and read in a book that it would ruin their self-esteem. My children...pretty confident. So no self-esteem issues--especially with my mama's girl three year old!
I had just been thinking about my children, how grateful I am for them, what miracles they are and how blessed I am with our little family. I really am grateful to my husband, for the father he is and how he takes the responsibility to ground our family in love and spiritual things. I am thankful that our children were born into a family of love, where they are wanted and needed.
So out of those thoughts, I was so happy to have Maddie lay next to me. I just stared at her for a while and figured she would be annoyed with me continuously kissing her after a while. So I rolled over in the limited space I had after giving her the middle, and went to sleep. Kink in my neck today. But am reminded how I love this life that has been given to me.
I know...what is the word for this post? Corny? What is with that word? For some reason I don't like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment