Having a three year old in the home is a joy. (I'm going to fight my urge to "make things even" and not worry about making equal comments to my five year old...guilt pangs coming on...)
She climbs into bed with us in the middle of the night several nights a week. We used to put her back in her room--now we just cover her up between us and go back to sleep. Geoff woke up early this morning with Annalise (I assume the usual time: 6:30 am) and Madeline and I stirred around 8:15...ahhhh. She rolled over onto her side with her face millimeters away from mine and we smiled at each other, I kissed her, she kissed me, more smiling and more kisses. So sweet.
The first thing out of her mouth: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" "We go to the park with Orange Rachel (when people have red hair, or even strawberry blond, she differentiates them by calling them orange, followed by their name) her mom and her brother." I wasn't thinking that, but I guess Madeline had fun at the zoo the day before and enjoyed bumping into some old friends of ours and wants to repeat it.
Other things she said:
"What time was I a baby?"
"How did you sleep?" and "I slept a yong time; you too!"
And a minute later when we decided to get up and see Daddy and Annalise:
Maddie: "You look like a seagull."
Me: "A seagull?"
Maddie: "With your glasses on"
Me: "You're funny."
Maddie: "I know. I am."
No comments:
Post a Comment