Madeline watches too much Star Wars.
It is so nice when she wants to watch Mickey Mouse Club House, or even Caillou; even though he whines and his parents make me look so mean. Annalise once asked me why I don't let her do anything fun and that Caillou's mom and dad let him do whatever he wants. I reminded her that it was a cartoon. Not real. Also, whenever the girls ask me why they can't do something, or have something, I cut to the chase and tell them it is because I'm a mean mom.
So back to the Star Wars. (Seriously, I have A.D.D., I'm sure.) This four year old girl of ours knows SO much about Star Wars.
Geoff asked her the other day which episode is her favorite. She said A New Hope. He asked what her favorite part was and she said, "When Luke says, 'I can't believe he's really gone.'"
Madeline couldn't find Empire Strikes Back in the dvd binder (we keep all of our movies in a cd zipper binder and threw out all of the cases), and so Geoff looked for it. He found it and was showing Madeline what it looks like and how he knows it is the correct movie by the picture. He explained that he knew because of the picture of the Bantha. Madeline said, "No, the sand people ride Banthas." She was right: it was a picture of a TonTon.
They had a little argument about Wampas. I settled the debate and Geoff was right. The only reason I knew was because of the Hoth Wampa Pinata I made for Maddie's birthday party. Madeline said, "yeah, the Wampa is the Snow Monster!" She has a way, just like Mama, to quickly act like she knew everything all along, to attempt at saving face.
For the most part, it seems she knows more about Star Wars than Geoff. I wonder if she would beat Uncle Matt at a trivia game.
I need to harness this steel trap memory of hers for something real and useful...like the alphabet and mathematics.
1 comment:
That is funny! I would love to meet these cuties sometime.
Post a Comment