I turned on Michael Franti and Spearhead's 652 Say Hey (I Love You), and our little living room became a dance party. Just me, at first. Then Madeline joined in.
Halfway through the song, she sat down and giggled at me, saying that I danced funny. "At least I'm dancing," I replied. That got her back off the couch and dancing.
Then I took her hands and cut a rug with her. I tried teaching her the arms-behind-the-head-slide move (okay, I don't know the actual name) and she just burst out into a giggle fit. It was hilarious. She wanted me to do the move over and over again. I know just how she feels; I love dancing.
After the song was over, I sat down at the computer to finish up some very important business (I'm sure) and she said, "Let's do that dance that makes us go potty a little bit, kind of." She added the kind of to her statement when I looked at her, a little shocked, and started laughing.
So hilarious. I love the honesty of a four year old. Especially mine.
5 comments:
Giggling and dancing--how joyful! You're the funnest mommy! As for the side effect, a little bit is ok. Not that I know what I'm talking about of course.
I'm loving this post! I do remember that you were the one who taught Noah to dance...and to dance with his pointed fingers. {did that make sense??} You Christensen's and your killer moves...even if it does make you go potty a little bit, kind of...that Maddie, she's great!
That was so funny--I probably would have been like, "What? Go change your clothes! Now!" in between laughs...too funny!
Ha! That's great! Who can't relate to that!?
Hilarious! Too, funny ... and congrats on post #201 :) !!
Post a Comment