Thursday, February 19, 2009

Night Driver needs Knight Rider


I work with the youth at my church. With the girls ages 12-17, specifically, and girls 12 and 13, more specifically. They have activities every Wednesday evening from seven to eight o'clock.

Last night the young men and young women joined each other and went "Valentine Caroling." In December they usually do a traditional caroling to the elderly ladies, widows, or couples that could use or enjoy some holiday cheer. Because of the snow storm we had in December the activity was cancelled. In Seattle, one half inch of snow sends terror to the citizens, leaving them incapable of going anywhere not within walking distance. So to make it up to all those involved, the girls decided to sing love songs in February instead of Christmas songs in December. It was a lot of fun.

I drove with three girls in my car. I almost ran a red light (and I was leading the cars; how embarrasing!) and couldn't see the street signs very well. I'm going to talk to my eye doctor about getting some glasses to wear (I already wear contacts all day with a -4.25 prescription) when driving at night.

During the day with my girls I am a decent driver. But even with eye correction, I think I might throw in the towel when driving with others in the car at night whom I can socialize with. My attention just isn't as good when I'm engaged in a conversation that doesn't involve what color the trees are, not hitting your sister, why we aren't going to McDonald's or the art of friendshipping in kindergarten or preschool.

If only I had a car like Kit. He could drive for me and I could socialize with my friends, or Kit, for that matter. He has a nice voice. If I remember correctly it is a British accent.

I wish I had a British accent.

1 comment:

carol said...

Clever entry, this! But until Kit arrives, take care driving!! xoxo