Friday, February 20, 2009

Some Favs...Faves? oh well, it's just short for Favorite.

I've recently blogged about grapefruit. I also blogged about some other favorites including rice bags and reusable water bottles. But because this is my blog (which is the ultimate in narcissism, by the way) and I can do anything I want on it, I'm going to tell you about more things I like. Maybe I'll make it a monthly thing....
The first thing (and I'm currently snacking on this as I type) is dried mangoes. In just six pieces you get not only a deliciously sweet treat, but 160 calories (so you do need to make sure not to eat the whole bag!!) and 1 gram of fiber. The mouth feel is fabulous: a slightly juicy, chewy bite with a fun sugar-sandy rub on the tongue. Also packed in is your Vitamin C at 30%; and that is respectable nutrient density.





So simple and old school is my second choice of Comet. I grew up scrubbing the tub with it and still do to this day. Don't inhale! But once a week sprinkle this in your tub and give it a scrub. The bleach packed in helps to disinfect the surface as well...and that is a tub I can sink into with an easy mind.



And speaking of bathing...put some Neutrogena Body Clear body scrub in your shower! It's not for your face. It's good for areas more prone to break out and once a day keeps the skin clear and healthy.
And speaking of Neutrogena: they also make a great eye make-up remover. Shake the bottle, add a tiny bit to your cotton swab and it comes right off. It doesn't irritate my gentle skin and it gets off the make-up very quickly.


After I take off my eye make-up, I wash it with Cetaphil. It's gentle and I can say first hand that it is dermatologist recommended because my dermatologist recommended it to me. You can use this product with water (the way you normally would use any face cleanser) or without water, by smearing it on and wiping it off. The film left over on your face from any Cetaphil that didn't come off will be good for your skin.


And that's my list for the month...

2 comments:

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

Love dried mangos, I use that eye makeup remover too!

thechristensens said...

I'm totally a fan of the dried mangoes. Love them. And, I do eat the entire bag. They are just so very good.