Valentine's Day Craft
I saw this project in Martha Stewart a few years ago, at least. It's been in my "good things" binder for a while now and each year I pass it up...until this week. It's super amateur, don't look too closely.
I made my own tape binding by cutting the fabric at a 45 degree angle and putting it through a tape binding maker. That part was not difficult for me, it was even gratifying to me.
The difficult part was sewing the binding onto the heart to finish it. Many a seam ripping for this one project.
I can be quite a hasty go-getter, so seam ripping is part of the equation when it comes to sewing projects. There is not a project I've ever done where I don't follow the directions (even if they're my own) wrong at least once.
Though it is very imperfect, I'm still happy enough with the result to post them here...
I saw this project in Martha Stewart a few years ago, at least. It's been in my "good things" binder for a while now and each year I pass it up...until this week. It's super amateur, don't look too closely.
I made my own tape binding by cutting the fabric at a 45 degree angle and putting it through a tape binding maker. That part was not difficult for me, it was even gratifying to me.
The difficult part was sewing the binding onto the heart to finish it. Many a seam ripping for this one project.
I can be quite a hasty go-getter, so seam ripping is part of the equation when it comes to sewing projects. There is not a project I've ever done where I don't follow the directions (even if they're my own) wrong at least once.
Though it is very imperfect, I'm still happy enough with the result to post them here...
6 comments:
I love it, it turned out so great. I wish I knew how to sew, or doing anything cute and crafty for that matter! I wish I lived closer so I could take lessons.
This pot holder deserves a better, more elegant name than "POT holder". Ick. It's very cute and I love your choice of combo fabrics--dramatic large print, more understated small print. You blend it all so well!
Is that a butt grabber?
Hey! I like your byline name, Mrs. K.C.C.S.C.C.Craftersen. BTW, your homemade piping is absolutely smashing--this pot holder is way above the ordinary.
I just read the "Heather, Rex, etc." comment. The Decency Board must respond that it's 100% likely Rex asked this question, not Heather. Oh, he's so bad! And so funny.
Hey crafty crafterson - do I forsee a RS calling for enrichment in the future?! Sure miss ya. We could have crafted it up together.
And yes, it could double as a butt graber, even better.
Post a Comment