I love me some grapefruit.My love for it happens in cycles. It wains. But right now, it's a love affair. (It's okay, Geoff knows and approves of this.)
He bought some prepackaged grapefruit in a cup from Costco. Not as good. Plus it's packed in sugar and preserves for shelf life.
I love me some fresh grapefruit from the store. I wash it, cut it open and set it on a white plate for a lovely contrast. I get my spoon and start digging in, trying to not let the juices squirt me in the eye.
While shopping the other day I noticed a larger grapefruit look-a-like in yellow. It's called a pummelo. I hope it doesn't break any laws, but I found the following picture on a blog and am using it. Notice that it is a beautiful red/pink in the center, much like a grapefruit. It is suppose to be sweeter. Unfortunately, my pummelo was a bit old, I think. I chose the heaviest of all the pummelos (pummeli?! just kidding, I love to play with plurals because I'm a geek) to have the juiciest, but still not good enough. I think I'll probably stick with my standard and lovely grapefruit. Though if I ever live in a hot enough area (I hope I never do) and have a pummelo tree, I will be no snob to it.

Stay tuned for a blog post with a lot of "this" and "that" because I think it would be fun to put quotation marks on all the wrong things (many do) just for fun. It will drive me crazy a bit but I think by adding "emphasis" to a few "wrong" things, it just might change my story up "a lot". That's just an example. Not good, but I haven't worked on an anecdote yet for this very cause. Maybe a recipe and instructions for it would be hilarious. I don't know...I don't know...but it's gonna be good.
5 comments:
This just cracks me up! I hadn't seen this before posting on FB that I loves me some grapefruit. The fresh ones in a big bag from Costco have been wonderful the past couple of weeks.
I think you should use a lot of italicized words in your next post, just to shake it up.
That last picture looks like an advertisement for Cutco knives or something
Perhaps Cutco will want to advertise on my blog after I write: "wow, look at that wonderfully cut pummelo. there is no squirting in the eyes while cutting that because the blade is so sharp. you won't find another knife like it." I know, that advert I just gave needs a little more steroid in it.
You are so funny! I don’t know you; I think you must know my sister, Talia, because I was playing around looking at her list of blogs and ran into yours. I am glad I did, however because I feel I know you a little from reading your blog and I was very impressed with how you expressed yourself. Sort of free and amusing in a very real way... my blog on the other hand is mostly pictures...very visual person I! Anyway, have a fabulous day!
My latest addiction has been, "Me Love Me Some Good Homemade Hummus!"
Post a Comment