
I don't know where to begin.
Okay. How about this: I loved living on a cruise ship for a week.
Who wouldn't? Besides those who might be terrified of being on water, work-aholics (I'm going to have to write about the use of "aholic" at the end of certain vices someday, since it doesn't really make sense), and those who are easily bored. Me, I don't think I've ever been bored in my life. Well, perhaps a bit during high school, but then who wasn't?
If you like to relax by reading books; watching movies; taking walks; talking to your husband/wife/family member/friend/yourself (hey, I do it; what's wrong with that?); eating fine food that you don't have to fix yourself; exercising at the gym whenever; going to live jazz band shows, comedy sketches and dance performances and all this whilst taking in a beautiful view: a cruise just may be for you! (All that, plus you have to save a wad of cash to..."invest in yourself", yes that is what I'll call it.)
Before I left I warned about my returning with stories about speedos. I am relieved to write that I saw no speedos on my journey. And aren't we all glad about that? I did see a gentleman eating lunch at one of the outside grills (I believe there were fourteen eating establishments to choose from on the ship) not wearing a shirt with his shorts. Gross. Hey buddy, people are trying to eat! Of course you know how I feel about topless men in public; but I do realize it was a cruise and he had probably just finished swimming, and there wasn't a shirt rule out on the deck. Again, I am relieved to write that this was just a one time occurrence during my stay. I think he must have realized he was the only person with the indignity to dine without a shirt on, around strangers, and changed his future course. Thank you, sir, for having some decency for the remainder of the cruise: it aided in every body's digestion.
Here are my perceived age demographics:
2%: under 18
5%: 19-30
10%: 31-40
5%: 41-50
30%: 51-60
40%: 61-75
8% (had to round up at some point): over 75
The cruise was a needed vacation for Geoff and me. The best part of the cruise was to be able to hang out with Geoff the whole week, uninterrupted. We read Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince (my favorite of the series) aloud to each other. I started and finished To Kill A Mockingbird (one of my favorite books ever), played a bit of Sudoku, worked on my story, and quilted more of that purple quilt I’m working on for Madeline.
I’ve more to write about, including the dining experiences and eaves dropping on the couple next door to us. But that will have to come later.
For now, have a Happy Sabbath.
Okay. How about this: I loved living on a cruise ship for a week.
Who wouldn't? Besides those who might be terrified of being on water, work-aholics (I'm going to have to write about the use of "aholic" at the end of certain vices someday, since it doesn't really make sense), and those who are easily bored. Me, I don't think I've ever been bored in my life. Well, perhaps a bit during high school, but then who wasn't?
If you like to relax by reading books; watching movies; taking walks; talking to your husband/wife/family member/friend/yourself (hey, I do it; what's wrong with that?); eating fine food that you don't have to fix yourself; exercising at the gym whenever; going to live jazz band shows, comedy sketches and dance performances and all this whilst taking in a beautiful view: a cruise just may be for you! (All that, plus you have to save a wad of cash to..."invest in yourself", yes that is what I'll call it.)
Before I left I warned about my returning with stories about speedos. I am relieved to write that I saw no speedos on my journey. And aren't we all glad about that? I did see a gentleman eating lunch at one of the outside grills (I believe there were fourteen eating establishments to choose from on the ship) not wearing a shirt with his shorts. Gross. Hey buddy, people are trying to eat! Of course you know how I feel about topless men in public; but I do realize it was a cruise and he had probably just finished swimming, and there wasn't a shirt rule out on the deck. Again, I am relieved to write that this was just a one time occurrence during my stay. I think he must have realized he was the only person with the indignity to dine without a shirt on, around strangers, and changed his future course. Thank you, sir, for having some decency for the remainder of the cruise: it aided in every body's digestion.
Here are my perceived age demographics:
2%: under 18
5%: 19-30
10%: 31-40
5%: 41-50
30%: 51-60
40%: 61-75
8% (had to round up at some point): over 75
The cruise was a needed vacation for Geoff and me. The best part of the cruise was to be able to hang out with Geoff the whole week, uninterrupted. We read Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince (my favorite of the series) aloud to each other. I started and finished To Kill A Mockingbird (one of my favorite books ever), played a bit of Sudoku, worked on my story, and quilted more of that purple quilt I’m working on for Madeline.
I’ve more to write about, including the dining experiences and eaves dropping on the couple next door to us. But that will have to come later.
For now, have a Happy Sabbath.
5 comments:
ooooh sounds like fun! We went on a cruise for our honeymoon- it was so relaxing, I definitely want to do it again someday.
You work so hard, are such a great mother, and mostly are so hilarious...you totally deserved it!
Did you order Baked Alaska? What a great trip you had and with good weather too! Luc-ky..... (pronounced ala Napolean Dynamite)
Sign me jealous.
Looks like you two had a great time! Béchamel and all.
I think you might like this. :-)
www.unnecessaryquotes.com
Post a Comment