Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action!


See those lines? Those were "written" by my soon-to-be famous playwright, Annalise.

First, I should start by telling you that she knows how to write. Whether she knows it or not, she loves to write words, always practicing this emerging skill. I constantly find pieces of paper, or her little notebooks scattered around the home, with sentences written on them. Sometimes I have to work at reading them, with the words spelled phonetically more than not; but she writes a lot, and she writes well.

So on Sunday, when she and her sister put on a play for us after dinner, and they were "reading" their lines, I found it so comically sweet that she drew lines on a piece of paper and read from them. So literal. Then after the First Act, when Annalise yelled, "cut!", she got out another piece of paper, drew more lines, and they continued when Madeline yelled out, "And Action!"

Where oh where did they get their dramatic flair?

3 comments:

Calley said...

Your kids kill me! They are so dang cute!

jennycooks said...

This is too cute!!

carol said...

The next generation of female authors and performers has arrived! I can still see Madeline's arms going out at right angles with dramatic gesture when she shouted Cut and Action!!