Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Closed for the Week

For my graduation from college, Geoff and I were going to take a trip. When I graduated, I was eight months pregnant.

So we vowed that when Geoff finished the next year, we would go on a trip. When that time came, Geoff had been accepted into graduate school in Seattle, and we made haste to move back to our family there, sans vacation destination.

So we vowed that when Geoff was finished with graduate school, we would go on a trip. When that time came, he needed to be working and not spending money or vacation time on a trip.

So we vowed that at some point, we would go on a trip…

With the economy suffering, travel is less expensive right now.

Starting Saturday, I will be gone for a full week. Yes, one week, sans children, sans blog, sans email checking, and sans Geoff answering his cell phone for work or church (nobody ever calls me on my phone, so no change there).

I hope to bring back several funny stories from the ship. Hopefully none about men wearing speedos, because, well, speedos frighten me. They shouldn't be allowed outside swimming competitions.

YOU: "Prone-girl: stop creeping me out with the speedo talk. Let's change the subject: which ship?"

ME: "Well, I’m glad you asked. Here is a picture:"

YOU: "Wow. That is a huge ship. Looks like fun. You deserve this cruise. You work so hard, are a great mother and wife, and do all those things looking so attractive, as well."

ME: "Well, thank you. I'm a little embarrassed by your comment, because of my humility. But just the same, thank you."

End Scene.

6 comments:

Holly said...

That is so exciting! Let me know how you like it...I keep debating but am skeptical. I'm a little affronted that you aren't cruising Holland America, they are a client of mine after all.

carol said...

Bon voyage! You deserve it, and I say that with hearthfelt humility.

jennycooks said...

Have fun! and please bring your own personal Lysol. I swear.

jennycooks said...

Hey friend, you asked about the Lysol - and I don't want to 'sour' your fun - you WILL have fun I am sure.

You know how a few times they have had cruise ship fiasco's where 2/3 of the ship gets a stomache flu virus by the time the cruise is over? (Norwalk virus) So, here's my take:

3 hour turn around to clean the entire ship before new passengers arrive

+

Swine Flu germs

+

Buffet

=

Hell for all Germophob's like me

Solution: Gallon size bucket of personal GermX and 6 pack of Lysol in tow, just for peace of mind.

Enjoy! :)

Anonymous said...

have a good time, i am doing the same, not a cruise but going away sans husband and child.

Calley said...

:) So freaking excited for you! Have a romantical time :)