Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's Not Jam

It's spread.

So: no (to answer your question); I'm not blogging about jam, again. It's spread.

Okay, okay. So the only difference between jam and this spread, and in particular, raspberry jam and this spread, is that you add some chocolate into the mix.

But, again: it's spread, not jam.

My friend Michael (I never know if I'm spelling it correctly) commented on my (or one of my) last posts and pasted this recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Spread.

I named it (obviously, if you looked at the picture first), "Kiss Me Chocolate Raspberry Spread." It's more because of the song, "No You Girls", by Franz Ferdinand (currently on the bottom of my playlist, if you're interested), than the song "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer. It's been in my head for over a week now.

And it's good. As good as Raspberry Beret, but with a kiss of chocolate to make it more rich and luscious. It think it's fitting that I gave it "Kiss Me" in the title. Though, I'm not sure I needed to make nine cups. I wish I could have halved the recipe; but I get nervous dividing up the pectin.

Now...what to use it on...

7 comments:

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

I am going to make real jam (not just freezer jam) next year. It looks so beautiful.

Lefty said...

I made some freezer strawberry jam this summer--a friend put me on to it--it tastes so fresh. But I don't have freezer space to store a one-year jam supply in my small freezer. And yes, I think the cooked and canned jam is prettier, and with raspberry jam, is sweeter.

Lucy van Pelt said...

If you're not sure what to do with all of that, it makes great gifts! (Was that subtle enough, as a hint? I wouldn't want to be rude or anything.)

jennycooks said...

I have enjoyed reading your last few posts. I like you, friend of mine. I feel like we are sitting in the same room having a conversation, as I can hear your 'voice' as I read. By the way, your jam is beautiful, and your spread. Thanks for sharing.

The Sylvan Dragon said...

Hey Kimberlee! It's Jim Davis from back in the day, ran into your blog a few weeks back and I have to say, you're quite a prolific writer. Reading about your jam adventures, children, grammar rants, etc. is entertaining to say the least. I hope everything is well with you and I especially hope that my fanship of your blog is welcome. Keep up the great work!

Carrot Jello said...

Kim,
It's time to stop. You don't realize it, but all this canning has made you insane.
How do I know?
You're mixing fruit and chocolate.
I'm not sure I can still be related to you.

Lefty said...

Noelle: I can bring some to church with some spoons and we can sample it with some other ladies. Classy right? RS taking over the kitchen eating jam out of a jar with spoons...I can see it now.

Jim: Hi! I am well and hope you are, too. Of course you can read my blog. That's fun that you are doing urban gardening. All I've got going is a few herbs in a pot (for cooking with) and a clematis (that is dying in the heat). I wish I were growing strawberries--for obvious reasons! I think one of the first things I do with a little more land is to plant strawberries, raspberries, blackberries (I know--most people try to get rid of them but I love 'em!) and maybe a few fruit trees. Good luck with that green thumb stuff.

Michelle: sorry that my post made you retch a little bit. but I love fruit and chocolate. chocolate and strawberries, or raspberries, or bananas, or oranges. Really, anything with chocolate: nuts, caramel, probably even carrots I'd like with it...if this means we cannot be cousins, i'm sorry...we'll always have Dragon Park (too bad we never went to Paris together!).