I haven't posted for a few days. Maybe more.
New things have developed that haven't had me much in a blogging mood.
For instance, I can't stand salsa right now. The sight, the smell. Probably the taste, but I'm not going there. And it is kind of sad. Sad to my former salsa-loving self. I think I used to eat salsa every day. Not now. Geoff has kindly learned to keep the salsa to himself and away from me. Bless him.
Popcorn. Something else I used to eat often. Can't stand the smell. Ew. Though I might go for some Crunch'n'Munch. No. Not much for sweets.
I know! Not much for sweets. Or chocolate. Weird.
What did I adore tonight? Roast Beef. Baked Potatoes. Though I can always go for some meat and potatoes. A1 sauce. mmmm. But this is probably the first thing I have eaten in four days that didn't make me want to throw up within an hour of eating it.
It is just so strange to me that some of my favorite "staples" have gone on the naughty list. I wonder how long they will be shunned. Some of it is good--like less chocolate, that won't hurt me. Sweets? Good riddance. How often in my life do I not want those empty calories? Not often.
So I'm not complaining about those extra foods I don't like. But some things, like popcorn and salsa are affecting poor Geoff. Well, he is of course welcome to eat those things away from me. (I am kind.) As I am typing this I just told Geoff about what I am writing about. He said, "You mean how much fun you are?" Yep. So fun. (I even had some IVs earlier this week. Fun.)
This baby better be so healthy.
And cute.
And of course, I am very thankful I have these symptoms.
6 comments:
Congratulations friend. That is very exciting. I am glad the salsa, popcorn, and sweets thing is only temporary.
I am so excited for you, but I'm sorry you're symptoms are cramping you're ability to enjoy those classic staples. I had the same thing- the only thing that sounded good for about two months straight was hash browns. I hope it passes soon for you! It got better for me around 17 weeks. Oh, and prevacid really helps with the heart burn.
{HE} will be! ;-)
I'm glad your sick. Every pregnant women should be...the whole time.
Just kidding. I'm sorry you're sick, I really am!
Yay! Morning sickness is a good thing...as I've said before. But shunning foods that you previously loved? I'm SO there! I love shrimp-any kind, really. But with this pregnancy, I haven't been able to stand it! But unlike you, the first 5 or 6 months, I at salsa and chips (with melted cheese! Mmmmm...) every night! I CRAVED it! Weird, huh? I'm not usually a salsa girl.
BUT, I've also heard that if you crave meats, then you're more likely carrying a boy! (fingers crossed!) Good luck with keeping your sanity and stomach calm! Hopefully only a couple more weeks and then you'll be over your 1st trimester ickiness. :)
Wow! I didn't know! Congrats! What wonderful news!
It's o.k.
I've eaten everything for you.
Post a Comment