But I just couldn't help myself.
I love a new year. Not usually enough to stay up for the change anymore. Did you know you can go to bed on New Year's Eve around 10:30 at night, sleep through midnight, and it will still be January 1st the next morning? True story.
Now don't get me wrong, I love Christmastime. It is my favorite. But there
January makes me want to clean. Well, this year it makes me want to hire a maid.
I look forward to a new year. Last year there were so many challenges, a couple heart breaks, and a few wonderful milestones. I feel like I need to brace myself for this year, because last year was difficult. I was telling my mom this the other day. She responded that I needed to accept what comes and trust in the Lord. Wise.
So I now look to this New Year still feeling like I should brace myself; but I look forward to the changes that will occur, and knowing whatever challenges are ahead, that I will gain experience, and hopefully more compassion, some wisdom, and perhaps some good jokes.
1 comment:
True story? I had no the New year came even if you didn't see it come! That's incredible!!!
January also makes me want to clean. It also makes me want to start getting ready for Spring and Summer, although they are still MONTHS away! I guess it is a kind of self-inflicted torture, as I wait out 3 more months of winter-hahaha.
Post a Comment