Thursday, July 22, 2010

On To The Next!

I realize, while typing this out, that I have not posted the kitchen finale.
...Just so you know that I know.

That being said, I am starting to think about my next project.

This is no strange phenomenon folks. I get my projects to where they are 95% finished and then I am thinking about the next project.

The next room to be given attention to:

The Master Suite.

Sweet.

I believe I have found the bedding. It is at Restoration Hardware. Here is the link. I want it in Eucalyptus.

I made an upholstered headboard three or four years ago. It was for our California king-sized bed. We recently switched to a regular king-sized bed. (Geoff's incredible legs hang off the end of the bed a little now, without those extra inches; but he doesn't complain.)

So the old upholstered headboard was too narrow for our new bed. It has now been re purposed as a large headboard for the back of my guest room's queen size bed. With help from my mom, we recovered it in a sheet (yes, a sheet) that matches the current bedspread. It's cute. Sweet.

Now, in our current sleeping situation, there is no headboard. I know: tough life. It truly is hard to be me. Geoff says so every once in a while; he truly understands me. Truly.

Most people, when wanting to find a bed frame for their bed, would look at stores and go online to websites of furniture stores. Not me.

When I saw the headboard that was gracing the presence of the bedspread that I want (click on the link above, make sure you are looking at the Eucalyptus bed spread and you will see for yourself), I thought to myself, Self, you can make that. It is like making your last headboard and just adding a few side pieces.

So I've already sketched out a few designs, sans measurements, to make this bed. It won't be completely like this bed, since this bed when you purchase it has sides and a foot board. I think I will just be mimicking the headboard and using a bed skirt to match the headboard.

Paint. I'm not sure. If I do go with this bedding, then I will wait for it to be in my hands, at home, to decide on a paint color, headboard color, etc..

For now though, I just finished tiling the back splash and grouting, then I need to touch up some of the paint. I just got off the phone with the upholster who is making my bench seats and we heard that the table is being shipped now.

So I believe I will just wait until the kitchen is fully complete before I post pictures. Though if you want to cheat a little, and get a sneak peak (without driving to my home), just take a look at the jam post I just did and you will see paint on the wall and a finished counter top. Just a suggestion.

4 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

GAH!
Are you trying to drive me insane?
I did supersize the jam pictures, but it wasn't enough for me.
Are those the countertops you made yourself, or did you end up not pouring the rocks, and whatnot, and just go with premade?
Enquiring minds want to know!

Carrot Jello said...

And just so you know, it says your blog background is going to disappear on Friday.
(up in the left hand corner)
Unless they're talking to me.
Which would mean they're following me around.
Ooh, that's a little freaky.

Lefty said...

Carrot: those are the countertops I "made" using Modern Masters Counter Top Transformations. Perhaps I will post the "after" before I get the table and bench complete...perhaps.

Stephanie said...

You are amazing. I am always inspired by your projects. Can't wait to see pictures.