I am almost finished with the kitchen.
Have faith, you will see pictures soon.
Check:
The walls are painted.
The cabinets are painted.
The recessed lights are installed.
The counter is complete.
The banquet bench was built, installed, and painted. (Thank you Geoff for hiring the carpenter and then painting this bench before I came home--you're the best around...and nothing's goin' to ever bring you down...you're the best...around...)
To be checked: (seriously, on my to-do lists, I draw little boxes in front of the items so that I can actually "check" them off...it makes me feel good.)
The tile back splash isn't finished. (But that is because we had to special order them and they just arrived yesterday.)
There are still paint splats that need to be tenderly scraped off the floor.
Though the fabric has been purchased and the company to build them has been found, the cushions for the bench need to be officially commissioned and completed.
I need to come up with a plan for a window treatment.
The table we ordered over the Internet hasn't arrived. When it does I may need to paint it. (Question: Will this painting ever stop? Answer: No. No it will not.)
So you see, there are many things, some tiny and some pretty substantial, that need to be done before I can do the official "before and after" shots. And I so want to have it complete before I do the official post--it is such a big change already!!
But I wanted to let you know that I will be better at posting more regularly now...I assume. Life has had many changes for me for the past few months what with the move and some family matters I've been dealing with, that there just hasn't been time or energy or desire, quite frankly, for posts.
I'd like to post projects I am doing more often, I'd like to start up with the recipe thing again, maybe some music, and perhaps even some quilts since I'm almost halfway finished quilting my daughter's blue quilt. So stay tuned, more to come.
2 comments:
Can't wait to see the pictures!
Yup, there's nothing quite like checking off those projects-such satisfaction! It's all looking great, I can testify to that!
p.s. Pls mail a remnant piece of the cushion fabric when you've time-- in case I get energetic and go fabric shopping and see a scaled-down coordinating fabric either for lumbar pilllows on the back of the bench cushions or a washable fabric for the dining room chair cushions. I miss you!
Post a Comment