Smokey Robinson was on the show as a guest singer. I was thinking before the show started: Isn't Smokey my dad's age? I haven't followed his career much, but I knew he was popular in the 60's and so I was thinking that was definitely my dad's era, he's got to be in the ballpark of my dad's age.
Is it a little wrong that he looks so young? To give some respect to his surgeon, he looks pretty good. Really, he does. And Smokey's eyes, I must say, are "smoking" already.
or a "Burt Reynolds"
like these gentlemen had.
(If only they knew not to say, "Give me the 'Burt Reynolds'" or "Give me the 'Kenny Rogers'...)
Don't these men know that men age well? (If only society felt the same for women.) Were their faces really headed for worse than their "after" pictures? I think not. I bet they would look better without the surgery. It seems like the surgery ages them. Well, except for Smokey. He really does look so very unnaturally young.
Oh--also an announcement:
On The Sing-Off the groups "gave back" to community programs by singing in public. They spoke about the importance and opportunity of their being able to do this. I also feel it is important to give back when you are blessed. I feel blessed and that is why....
On December 26th I will be singing live at the Rexburg Wal-Mart starting at three o'clock in the afternoon. I want to give back. And I will.
(You know I'm joking, right? About the singing, that is. I don't sing. Except for in the shower. There probably is a very good chance that I will be doing a live performance (for my family) in the shower on Saturday morning. So I'll be giving back to them.)
4 comments:
Love it! I also think it is crazy for old men to get it done! It won't keep them from aging, so why? It is so weird. They should age with dignity, not try to hide it, or undo it.
they just look freaky when they plasticize! ;)
Kim, I think you SHOULD sing, but make sure your girls are arguing in the store first and then grab some purple bloomers and sing their praises, really LOUD so they are embarrassed. Then all you need to do is pull them out just a little bit for them to see, whenever you're in public with them, and I bet they won't argue in stores anymore!!! :) (I read that story to my kids recently, it's hilarious. You should read it. It's called "Harry Hates Shopping" and it's about Harry, his sister and his mama koala shopping and them fighting, etc. But what got me was the singing in the store as loud as she could. Kind of reminds me of my little sista!
So I say, payback and sing! xoxoxo
I am going to be at Walmart just in case!
Re the plastic surgery/old(er) men (can you tell I'm in their age category?)thing: My sage mother sometimes said, "There's no fool like an old fool", referring to old men who get silly.
About your singing at Wal-Mart, Kim, honestly, I was about to buy a plane ticket! Too funny, you!! :)
Post a Comment