Lest you think I am a woman of proportion (I'm not talking body, here; just control of mind) to daily tasks, I must confess:
Not only did I finish (mostly) and post the other quilt top today (see post below this one) I also put together this one:

I had planned it and cut it, sewn the six main blocks as well as 56 (I think) small pieces to be put together, all a few months ago. When Geoff in Idaho interviewing for the job he now has I did it.
I found the pattern in a quilting magazine and decided to use some fabric that was sitting in my fabric box. I just came across the drawings I did for it in the planning process.
This is the one I ended up using:

And this was the reverse of the pattern.
I was determined on the fabric I was going to use, but not in the way.

I am happy with my choice. It was very easy to put together.

Now I just need to put some borders on it,
purchase the batting and decide on the back.
Then the long quilting process.
Maybe this will be my first machine-quilted quilt.
2 comments:
so pretty, and great use of color, as well as keeping your promise to yourself to use up all the fabric you have before purchasing more! Good job, sista!
May I offer a suggestion, one quilter to another? Piece the back also. Not only will it use up more of your stash, but it'll end up being a reversible quilt, and add more interest. You know that's what our pioneer sisters did, they used up all they had, and when it came to the back they just used what they had to make the back as well! Keep it up! You're awesome!!!
Thank you, Heidi, for all your input; I appreciate it. I also like it-it's fabric left over from the quilt I made you. Because I like it so much (and GEoff does too) I think I'm going to add another row of three blocks, making it a square...but I have to check to see if I have enough fabric...I may have to go to the store!! Hee-hee.
Post a Comment