Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Year for New

I love Mondays. I don't know if I have ever mentioned it on this blog before, but I do. I love them. It is a fresh start to the week.

I suppose it helps that I don't work outside the home; so it doesn't mean that I have to be at work the next day, at a certain time, working for The Man. I'm my boss. My work is a delight anyway.

So Mondays are great. And the New Year...well that is just fantastic. A fresh start full of Mondays. The other days are great, too. New Years is the ultimate Monday, though. Then Mondays are the reset button if the previous week didn't go so well.

So resolve? I don't know. I think I did pretty well last year. It was a full year. Perhaps I'll drink more. Water.

(Did I catch you off-guard with that whole drinking thing?)

I'm going to do more Family History work. I got started into it in November and then December happened. I'm going to research more family names. Maybe one family a month.

I'm also going to write more. Not blogging, but on a Word Document. Just write. Even if it isn't my story that I started last year. I figure any writing will help.

The bigger news, not a resolve really, but a first: We are starting to look at homes to purchase our first home. This month is our ten-year anniversary, so I say it is about time.

Yesterday we talked to a friend who does mortgages and he crunched our numbers (I have excellent credit, by the way...and "immaculate (dental) home care" -the hygienists words, not mine so I'm not really bragging)and came out with our approved mortgage. We have started looking at homes. Today was our first gander. Nice home but not "the one" so a few more tomorrow and I assume a whole bunch on Saturday.

Oh, and not a first, but hopefully a third. I have hope that we will bring a third child into our home in the fall. I am finally ready for this. SO ready.

So a lot of changes this year and a lot of Mondays for those changes. 2010: here I come!

8 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

Hey- you can't move yet! I just got to know you, and now adore you, so you must stay in the ward! I'm sure there is at least....1 affordable, perfect house in the ward-hahaha! Good lick house hunting, and baby making!!

Carrot Jello said...

So I guess this means you're not coming back, are you. :(

Anonymous said...

sounds like an awesome new year for y'all! have fun house hunting and more fun baby making! "it's business time"

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Lot of exciting things to look forward to in 2010! Happy house hunting. Hope you find the perfect one for you.

carol said...

You give me a whole new perspective on Mondays. I thank you. :)

Holly said...

2010 sounds like it is off to a good start with goals. I hope they will all come to you quickly and easily!

Heidi said...

well, Sista, looks like you're not coming back anytime soon. boo hoo for me, boo hoo for the kids. The boys miss the girls soooo much!
We'll have to get a webcam so we can see your beautimous faces! :)
But really, I am excited for you. So many new things to experience, and you'll soon be part of the mortgage club where you don't have a landlord to fix your plumbing problems, etc., YOU get to do it yourself! (and sometimes even flood your whole house!)

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.