Oh how that movie reminds me of Chloie! One of the middle school students that I tutored in Eugene watched the movie in her Language Arts class. I thought it was kind of a weird choice. Who knew it was such a literary/cinematic masterpiece? Then again, it was Eugene. Schools there are good (this particular student was in a Spanish immersion school), but a lot like the rest of Eugene; A LOT different (To borrow a phrase from PEMCO). I may have to see it again to weigh its literary value.
Haha. David Bowie in Labrynth. He kind of resembles a unattractive woman with too much eye makeup wearing too-tight spandex, but somehow, that was cool at the time. I guess it just goes to show why it's probably not a good idea to be TOO trendy.
Ah, CLASSIC! One of my all-time favorites. I have been known to bust out a song or two from this movie now and again... Although I'm not sure I've ever looked at David Bowie and tought "sex icon" at the same time...
I'm not at all ashamed to admit the only reason why as a child I watched Labrynth was Mr. Bowie. Egad, what does that say about me? (Rhetorical question, no answer is necessary)
11 comments:
um... no. not in this context anyway.
Oh how that movie reminds me of Chloie!
One of the middle school students that I tutored in Eugene watched the movie in her Language Arts class. I thought it was kind of a weird choice. Who knew it was such a literary/cinematic masterpiece? Then again, it was Eugene. Schools there are good (this particular student was in a Spanish immersion school), but a lot like the rest of Eugene; A LOT different (To borrow a phrase from PEMCO). I may have to see it again to weigh its literary value.
Haha. David Bowie in Labrynth. He kind of resembles a unattractive woman with too much eye makeup wearing too-tight spandex, but somehow, that was cool at the time. I guess it just goes to show why it's probably not a good idea to be TOO trendy.
I used to think he was so cute, but looking at this picture makes me shudder!
Ah, CLASSIC! One of my all-time favorites. I have been known to bust out a song or two from this movie now and again...
Although I'm not sure I've ever looked at David Bowie and tought "sex icon" at the same time...
When you said, "We've been watching Labrinth lately"
I thought, "More than once? Why?"
O-O-Oh Carrot. You ask why I would watch Labyrinth more than once. This is why:
You remind me of the babe
(What babe?)
Babe with the power
(What power?)
Power of Voodoo
(Who do?)
You do
(Do what?)
Remind me of the babe
And it goes on from there. Catchy tune, fun lyrics. What more is there in life?
Geoff would add that the only thing more is the outstanding animatronics.
This is such a childhood classic. And was I really the only fourth grader who was hot for David??! *swoon*
Uh, if you liked that quote, you should have watched The Bachelor and the Bobbysoxer (1947). It's from that movie.
Ah, Carrot. Once again, I learn from you. And I WILL watch that. Who doesn't want to watch Cary Grant. Now HE, He IS a hottie!
Word Verification: depolsis. Sounds like a disease.
I'm not at all ashamed to admit the only reason why as a child I watched Labrynth was Mr. Bowie. Egad, what does that say about me? (Rhetorical question, no answer is necessary)
Post a Comment