When is prone-girl going to post?
What am I ever to do if she doesn't?
I know life is busy and all, but golly! (Do you really say golly in your wondering? Really? After all, you asked it, not me.)
I miss prone-girl. What is life like for her now? Does she have time to cook amazing meals for her family? Has she sewn the buttons on to her daughter's purple quilt? Has she unpacked fully?
My quick (really, when have I ever been short-winded, though?) answers:
Well my beloved readers, though this technically is a post (Post 251, to be exact), I will officially post soon. Within the next few days, I think. Maybe tomorrow, even. Maybe. If you're lucky.
Don't worry about what your life will turn in to if I don't ever post again (which I will, so relax!). If I never posted again though, you might miss my sarcasm, silliness, narcissism and incredible wit and beauty and intelligence...but life would go on, you know. You would actually get one more minute back to your day. What did we do with our extra time before blogs came along? More Sudoku, I guess.
To answer your questions about my personal life and projects:
I think I'm really going to like it here in my new town. It is quiet and peaceful, familiar but with new places and things to see since we've been gone these past three years.
About the cooking: I didn't take any pictures, but I made the most amazing meal yesterday for Sunday dinner...if I do say so myself. And I do.
The Menu
(because I know you're wondering):
Pot Roast slow-cooked with potatoes, onions and carrots
Homemade dinner rolls, served with butter and my Raspberry Beret Jam
Salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions
It was a simple meal, really. The beauty of it was that the potatoes were from my mother-in-law's garden, and the onions, carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers were from my uncle's garden. The pleasure of it was the dinner rolls were made fresh (as soon as they were finished, dinner was served) and not only were those from my hands, but the jam was from me, too. I love that I was able to give my family a meal like that, from my work. And it was so delicious, too!
Just today I finished the buttons on Miss Madeline's quilt. I told my husband about it just a little bit ago and he said, "I thought you'd already finished that." I will post pictures soon (they've already been taken).
Unpacking.... well I do have most of the curtains up and paintings as well. A few rooms are completely unpacked and moved in. I'd say our home is 75% moved in. Maybe 80%, if I'm feeling generous.
To finish this post, I just have to say that when we were driving over to our new state of Idaho I saw a motel sign that brought out the critical lioness in me (oh, you didn't know that I can be a bit critical? Darn it! I wish I hadn't given that away so soon!). Anway: The name of the inn is C'mon Inn. Did you catch that? What letter or letters are missing? Didn't they mean, C'm'n Inn or C'm' 'n Inn? Or maybe this (the word being shortened, C'mon) is a word I don't know... Thoughts on this, anybody? No? Just me?
Well...this turned in to more of a post. But there are no pictures. But maybe I made your stomach growl. And maybe you wish you could come over next Sunday for dinner. And maybe I will start making all of my sentences start with "but" and "and" because it is so liberating.
8 comments:
Once my husband and I drove past a lonely hotel in the desert area of either Idaho or Oregon. It was called The Last Roundup Hotel. We hurried past!
I'm pretty sure c'mon is an accepted (albeit informal) contraction.
With all contractions of this type (y'all would be another example) how you pronounce it is the real determinant of where the apostrophe goes. Hence, c'mon would work in this sense especially considering that it's attached to Inn for a word play. C'mon is also commonly used when writing dialouge, especially accented Southern American English.
You have to admit that it's at least a little clever. It has a certain rustic charm.
Good luck with the move.
Your meal did sound delicious. So, maybe for security reasons you won't announce the town you moved to, but I am curious. Are you happy to be back?
Michael: That's funny.
Sylvan: thanks for c'mon's defense. I realize that colloquially, it is acceptable. I just need to lighten up a little...maybe. I'm stubborn. I'm a nerd.
Bren: Rexburg. It's in previous posts. Are you new here to the blog? Welcome. Where are you? I couldn't access your blog or info to find out.
I have missed you! Can I come to your house next week???
{I'm really serious, too...}
Linds,
Are you really, REALLY serious?! We would love to have you over! I usually try not to go overboard on exclamations, but can't help myself right now!!!
Email me with your itinerary so I know when to expect you.
Love,
Me
I am glad you guys are all moved! We will have to try to meet up for lunch one day!
Sounds Divine...
Post a Comment