Friday, September 11, 2009

do you like the new paint?

I changed it.
From pink and green,
to green,
to red and black and white.
And look at my hands!
The lengths I go to...the sacrifice I make...all in the name of change...beauty...satisfaction...
Okay. This wasn't for the blog. This was painting my daughters' room back to white from the beautiful pale greenish-blue that was in there.

Oh...you didn't know I painted their room?

You didn't know that it wasn't white?

Don't worry...you're not the only one. After being a little color-phobic and not wanting their small room looking smaller so choosing a pale shade of blue...well, nobody knew I painted it except me.

"Isn't this white?" they would say so cruelly.

I'm not going to lie to you: it hurt. HURT.

I taped the baseboards and ceiling corners, removed electrical cover-plates, washed off the walls, meticulously filled small little holes, put down drop clothes after moving their furniture to the center of the room...

Then painted.

And then showed off my mad skills.

"Isn't this white?"

White indeed.

So here, one year later and I'm painting it back to white.

I just painted a layer of primer to cover up the green-blue. It sure looks stark white in there...

...okay, okay. There isn't much difference.

But my hands sure look different.

I swore to myself last time that I painted that I would put some gloves on before painting.

...at least I took off my wedding ring. I hear platinum, diamonds and paint don't really "go" together.



2 comments:

carol said...

Kim, next time you paint a room with color, I recommend you move one or two more notches up the color guide. That way, if you must again repaint to white, there will be a noticable difference on the walls, not just to your hands! I'm teasing you, possibly being cruel, so you won't be so sad to leave me for Inner Idaho. But I'll be sooo sad. xoxo

Heidi said...

Kimbo, don't fret. I still have primer up on Emma's bedroom walls and it's been over a year. So it's okay. :)