More anecdotes of driving home from preschool...
Madeline: Matthew, after your mission when we get married, are you going to have a mustache?
Matthew: I don't know...
Mama: Matthew, do you know what a mustache is?
Matthew: um.....
I explained.
Madeline: Boys have mustaches.
Mama: Madeline, do you like mustaches? (Thinking of how she herself doesn't like them, and how at BYU-Idaho she thought the guys who grew them --because they had to be clean shaved though mustaches were permissible--looked ridiculous.)
Madeline: Uh-huh (in the affirmative.)
Then later...
Madeline: Mama, when Matthew and I are grown-up and can kiss, we can drive, huh?
Mama: Yes.
Madeline: Matthew, when you and I are grown-up and can kiss, we can drive, huh?
....
Madeline: MATTHEW! When you and I are grown-up and can kiss, we can drive, huh?
Matthew: Nods his head in the affirmative with a big smile. (Mama wonders if he is smiling about the kissing or the driving...she assumes because this little boy loves the train conductor thing, that it is the driving...)
7 comments:
You must remind them not to kiss and drive at the same time!
Yes. Perhaps I will later tell her to park her car, and then kiss?
Hmmm. That's sounds like a creative date idea for Geoff and me...
I love how Madeline's mind works out her special scenarios! She's all about power, that girl! And spontaneous and fun, funny!
I'm new here! What a great blog :)
Love that girl...and the way her mind works :) don't you love those convos...BTW Morgan told me there is a new girl that winks at him all the time in class and wants to kiss him AAHHHH! RUNAWAY! RUNAWAY! He already got coldsores from the hussy he kissed in kindergarten in AL.
ALSO- I too, think that mustaches are not attractive and sort of creepy. I hope her taste on that improves. The one exception I can think of is the guy that plays Charlie in Twilight...He was the best actor in the whole movie...did the "good 'ol boy" thing perfect and the mustache fit.
hey check this blog out....busybeelauren.blogspot.com---hilarious. You would love it.
Post a Comment