There are certain days of every month that rival the others. Like Saturdays and Sundays, Mondays (I know not all agree with me on this day), and I think almost all agree on Fridays.
One of my favorite days, regardless of the actual day of the week, is Magazine Day. No, it is not a national holiday (that I know of); I capitalize because it is one of my personal holidays. I open the mailbox and a promise presents itself: quiet time, reading, learning, beautiful pictures, ideas, creative sparks.
I subscribe to two cooking magazines and a few quilting magazines. One of my favorite magazines, and the longest subscribed to (I think since I was married eleven years ago), is Martha Stewart Living.
One of my favorite days, regardless of the actual day of the week, is Magazine Day. No, it is not a national holiday (that I know of); I capitalize because it is one of my personal holidays. I open the mailbox and a promise presents itself: quiet time, reading, learning, beautiful pictures, ideas, creative sparks.
I subscribe to two cooking magazines and a few quilting magazines. One of my favorite magazines, and the longest subscribed to (I think since I was married eleven years ago), is Martha Stewart Living.
It has changed over the years, but almost always
offers ideas that I can use now or in the near future.
When I open that mailbox door to bills, advertisements and illegally-placed neighborhood announcements, and I see a glossy magazine cover, I quickly predict the evening's decadence:
(okay. it isn't me in the shot, nor was the picture taken in the last few decades.but i couldn't resist posting this picture. she looks so innocent and happy that she could be looking at this paper upside-down, and she'd get away with it.)
Not many activities make me feel more relaxed and more pampered, than a beautifully-scented bubble bath and a fresh magazine in my hands.
It is so nice to have these simple pleasures in life. What are yours?

3 comments:
I love you, Martha! When will February come, anyway?
I love your decadent nature! And there could have been a real photo of you, not the b&W vintage photo here! I missed the opportunity when you were in the tub and I had to interrupt you twice with questions about something. Actually I only saw part of you--the "part" that wasn't under water--when I glimpsed quickly into the full wall mirror! hee hee
Heather: my February issue came already--subscribers get it the month before. It is a great issue.
Mom: fresh!
Post a Comment