I love lurking on food blogs.
I lurk.
I get inspired.
A little hungry...And then I get moving.
I have enjoyed reading Bakerella, though I have to admit:
I have never made a cake pop.
(Loud gasp from the audience.)
However I still enjoy seeing what she has done.
A blog I have found recently, Steamy Kitchen, has not only given me the answer to the Eternal Question of "What will I make for dinner tonight?" --seriously, it never ends!--, it also brought in some ooh's and ahh's during the meal. And that is always a bonus.
A blog that brings you to action and creates a positive response is worth mentioning. (This is why I write this particular post.)
I made her Teriyaki Mushroom Sauce with Grilled Salmon; it was fantastic. Strange it is indeed that I grew up in the Seattle area (translate: suburb ten minutes away from Seattle) and have never had Salmon Teriyaki. Salmon, loads of times. Teriyaki, tons. But pairing the two together, which by the way is pure genius, I have never. As I write this I know that when I visit my favorite teriyaki shop in Seattle I will still order the Chicken Teriyaki. It is tradition. But I will never shy away from eating Salmon Teriyaki, nor will I neglect this new recipe that, though I credit its maker, I now call mine.
Another blog I've been reading is The Art of Food. I haven't tried her recipes yet. As soon as I am off my sick bed (I really get dramatic when I have a cold; poor Geoff, who is also sick) I am going to try her recipe for Chicken Pot Pie.
So, do you have some food blogs you enjoy?
No comments:
Post a Comment