I am not registered in Idaho. I cancelled my absentee ballot from Washington last fall, but failed to register in Idaho. I know: criminal.
So, a few notes to myself/things to do:
1. Change driver's licence address! (See, I put things off due to vanity. So perhaps I should change my order of things to do.)
Updated first-things-first list:
1. Get a hair cut.
2. Put make up on.
3. Change driver's license address.
4. Register to vote.
5. Get an opinion. (I haven't done enough research yet.)
6. Figure out if you are a Republican or a Democrat. .....There doesn't seem to be an "Independent" box to check here in Idaho. I think I will claim Democrat if I can't be an Independent. Just to mess with all my Republican neighbors. Actually, just to mess with this whole town.
7. Vote.
8. Lose. It seems that whomever you vote for, whomever wins, you always lose in the end.
...maybe this is why I am not jumping up right now to get my hair cut. I'm not actually a pessimist, not really. (Although it is the fashionable thing to be with my generation.) It just seems to be the trend. Just an example: I knew so many Obama supporters...before he became President.
There is always something to criticize. But one can't criticize if they didn't vote. And I just adore criticizing...
(...I have a migraine. I've had it for over a week. Maybe that is why I'm not so upbeat today...that and the "roid rage" from the massive pills of prednisone I swallowed this morning...for happier posts, scroll down or check the side bar and look for a cheery title.)
3 comments:
You'll laugh (and wouldn't that be nice to laugh? especially with a migraine. or does laughing with a migraine make it worse? If it does, then don't laugh at this) but I consider myself a moderate, which puts me far to the Left of our friends in SE Idaho and somewhat to the Right of our non-Mormon friends in Seattle. Republican. Democrat. It's all relative. Wait. That wasn't funny at all. I guess I don't have to worry about you laughing and making your head hurt worse. I suck at making you laugh.
Ms van Pelt:
I am in the same boat as you. I think, for me, for us, where we fall in politcal lines all depends on location. Location, location, location. For Seattle, I am very conservative. For Idaho, very liberal.
And with migraines, for me laughing and distraction is good. Crying from pain or self-pity: bad (it adds more pressure in my head).
Question: where did you get Lucy van Pelt from? Also, how is your exercising going? Are you training for something else or just crashing from your fancy European tour?
Hi Lefty!
The Lucy van Pelt moniker has two meanings depending on who you are in my life. A. Lucy is the bossy older sister. Just ask my youngest sister and she'll tell you that's why I relate. B. She was the psychiatrist and everyone came asking for advice. For some reason, a lot of people like to confide in me. Not sure why, but that's that. Plus, I LOVE the Peanuts cartoons. And there you have it.
As for exercising. I've lost my mojo a little since competing in the second triathlon. I'm still working out with a trainer twice a week and on my own several times a week, but I'm lacking the motivation to really give it my all. I think I need a new goal. My old ones are a bit stale.
Post a Comment