How strange.
How consistent.
How like days of yore.
Yes, yore.
But yore like last year.
YOU: Prone-girl, are you emerging from the dust finally?
ME: I'm not sure. I hope so. I do so much like blogging. I'm very narcissistic that way. And of course, I enjoy writing. But mostly it is the self-involvement...
YOU: You're silly...and strangely honest.
ME: Yup.
YOU: Makes me feel a little awkward, your honesty.
ME: Yup, I've heard that one before.
YOU: So what have you been up to?
ME: Oh a little of this...a little of that...if you let me go on with this post, I will tell you some of my favorite things; things that have developed since my last Favorites post.
YOU: Oh goody goody gumdrops! (Really, this is what you are saying...in my head. Aside from complimenting me on my good looks, my high intelligence and, of course, utmost humility, you say "goody goody gumdrops!")
Well let's get on with it, then.
1. Epsom bath salts with Lavender

No, I don't pour my bath salts out into a silver dish; they go straight into the steamy bath water. Actually, I don't usually use salts; I use bubble bath....and shampoo when that's not available. But while I was up in Seattle, or Lynnwood, to be exact, I encountered lavender scented Epsom bath salts. It was delightful, let me tell you!
My mom (and I) have a great friend named Mary. She is the very same woman who made my little girls those incredible twirly skirts, an unexpected gift. (Aren't unexpected gifts the best? I'm thinking about telling Geoff that I expect an unexpected gift at least once a month...) So Mary brought my mom over the bath salts, unexpected, I am sure. And when I got to my folks' house and my mom mentioned the salts, I mentioned that I would be more than happy to try them out in their large tub. How gracious am I?! (Very.)
I have used salts before and found the experience to feel like relaxing on sharp rocks. Not fun. Not indulgent. Challenging, if anything.
But these salts were fantastic. I wish I could remember the brand of them. They weren't fancy salts found in glass jars. The mixture came out of a carton. A carton sent from heaven. I need to find out the pharmacy or store Mary purchased them from. Or perhaps I'll spend some time perusing the pharmacy isles...a favorite past time of mine and an activity which ends up costing a lot of money. But hey, it costs money to look as good as I do...
Thank you, Mary, for being such a dear, sweet friend to my mother. I love you for loving her.
2. Greek Yogurt.
It is so thick and creamy and luscious. It has no fat. It is all protein and some sugar. A lot of protein, though. And it has calcium, something my body needs anyway; I like that! (Remember the old Tums commercial? I stole my last line from that.)3. Modern Family
This show airs on ABC on Wednesday nights. I love it. (Not to marry, but close.) I love all the characters, but especially Cameron and Manny.The writing is witty, real and hilarious.
I want to own the season DVDs.
4. Neutrogena Healthy Defense daily moisturizer
YOU: Prone-girl, what are your feelings on tanning beds?ME: Tanning beds are evil. Pure evil. And I can't believe "health" clubs condone and market the use of these cancer/aging beds. (do you feel used that I set you up for this question so I could go off on my "tanning beds are evil" soapbox? sorry.)
YOU: Yes, as an educated and wise person, I agree; I was just wondering. Your skin is so fair, and even stays that way all year long.
ME: Yes, that is because I use sunscreen all year long. I try to find the highest SPF as possible. I realize that tanned skin looks beautiful with its healthy glow, but I just accept and stand by my white glow-in-the-dark skin. Perhaps sometime I will try the spray-on stuff...but aren't those chemicals? That can't be too great for your skin, either. I don't know much about it. Perhaps I will ask my dermatologist sometime. I trust a dermatologist over a beautician.
5. Cruises
Okay, so there is a favorite for every budget on here. I saved the big one for last. These aren't for everyone. If you are hyper, can't sit still for very long, need to work constantly, well then, a cruise is definitely not for you. If you enjoy food, relaxing, taking naps, reading, watching movies, going to entertainment shows, talking and listening, well then, save up some money and get a cruise booked!We are going to Alaska this year on Norwiegian cruise lines, again. Geoff twisted my arm to go on one; he is so mean. We are leaving the girls behind again, too. I highly recommend taking trips with your spouse, sans children, every once in a while.
2 comments:
I bought the epsom salts at Bartell Drugs. The brand is Premier Value. I would imagine you could find epsom salts at any drug store and if they don't have lavender scented salts just add your own lavender oil. I was amazed how relaxed I felt after soaking in the epsom salts. I thought they were for OLD PEOPLE. But, now that I think about it, I guess I just might qualify.
I'm glad you liked them.
Sincerely, Your loyal blog follower.
Love it! Thanks for sharing your list and making me smile.
Post a Comment