Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sneak Peek at the Playroom

(I just love that there is an uncapped marker on the floor...the story of my life!)

I'm still working on it. I stopped for a few days but yesterday I painted these poppies (they're poppies...trust me...give me a break: I have never painted a thing in my life) and I feel excited again about the project; though whether or not I "feel excited" I've just got to get it done.

I have another layer or two to do to these poppies (give them centers, give their petals more dimension), then I have to clean up the grass, give the clouds more gusto and "grow" more flowers throughout the room.

So if you feel I'm neglecting my blog, it is because I am.

As soon as I get my immediate "small" (like this one!) projects done, I will have a little more time and energy devoted to thinking up and typing out posts.

I think I will start doing recipe posts again. Also, I will start gardening soon and, inspired by my childhood friend Nick, I think I will document the growth of my little garden through blog posts.

8 comments:

The Woody's Fam said...

It looks beautiful! I love it and I am sure the girls are in heaven!

carol said...

Totally adorable! You're going to paint the outlet cover green too, right? (Right now it jars my fantasy!) The western vista's grassy fields and wild poppies are so bright and happy! (Or am I looking East?) I imagine the other three views are mostly miles and miles of rolling hills and blue horizons, right? (I'm trying to cut your painting time down for more blogging!)

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

I LOVE it! So beautiful!

Lucy van Pelt said...

I totally knew they were poppies before you said. (Just so you know!) Lovely!

thechristensens said...

Poppies are one of my favorites. They totally look like poppies! I love it. It looks awesome. I'm jealous of your playroom.

Heidi said...

i'm jealous that you HAVE a playroom apart from the rest of the house. lucky! (ala napolean dynomite)
i also knew they were poppies, or at least had them in there with the flat view of the flowers. they looked so poppyish to me! ;)
jealous of your talents. jeesh. all i do is paint a color on the wall. you go the extra mile and then some! what lucky girls you have to have such a creative mommy.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Looks great! That grass has so much dimension to it. Love all the shades of green. Looks like it would be very time consuming!

colleen said...

Planning a trip for "Decoration Day"... Do you think that I could come and inspect?