Rumor has it that I haven't posted in a while.
I believe it.
Rumor also has it that this house we are buying is going to close. Soon.
Not sure I buy it. Whenever we are told "one to two days", I've learned to interpret that as "one to two weeks" and do my best to not go crazy. I wish they wouldn't say garbage like "once the bank has it, it will be 24-48 hours" because I then expect it to be at the deadline established. It would be better for me to hear "one week, and by the way, with total lack of competance, too" because then I could relax. It is like the cruelty of a OB doc telling an uncomfortable woman (especially if it is her first) that because she is dilated to a three (or whatever) that he thinks the baby will come early...or even on time. It is so much better, for some things, to be told to expect the worst scenario instead of getting a person's hopes up. Like waiting for a baby's arrival, I'm anxious to move in to my new home.
Surrounded by boxes.
Packing things I don't need for the next few days, like the blender.
Unpacking things I've packed that I need, like the blender.
Repacking the blender.
My life is a blessed life. I shouldn't complain so much about this home purchase. I get to purchase a home, right?
Frustration plagues me, still. Frustration at the incompetence, complacency, and apathy of others.
Deep Breaths.
Where am I going to live in two days?
Slow Deep Breaths.
Shall I continue packing?
Calming Slow Deep Breaths.
Am I going to need to get the camping equipment out for the weekend if this house still isn't ours by then?
Panic! No. No, No: Calming Slow Deep Breaths.
Maybe I'll just read a book instead. Escape this sea of khaki corrugated fiberboard. You know, I've read three books in less than a week. How is that for an escape from reality?
Geoff is handling all the business. He is much nicer.
I am not so nice. Something to do with the super-ability of mine to say what I am thinking with no filter to stop me. Really, if it could be a superpower, it would be mine. No-Filter Girl!!
Of course that would be in addition to my ability of being accident-prone. As I type, I have a cardboard paper-cut behind my distal knuckle on my third finger...oh, and last week while cutting meat I somehow cut through the fingernail to the nail bed on my pointer finger...lot of band-aid needs that day--both injuries occurring on the same day. My claim to being accident-prone is mostly limited to small injuries all over my hands. I've only had stitches once in my life (a hand injury, of course) and the only bone I've ever broken was my tail-bone in the fourth grade. No cast for that...took a good three or four months before I could sit comfortably again.
Back to the filter thing: Geoff has the filter. He uses it, too. So he is handling the business-side of the move.
I'm handling the packing side.
And the escaping-into-books side.
Tough life, huh?
So that is why I haven't been on the blog, or haven't read your blog (if you blog) lately. Sorry.
Once life gets settled in (they say this weekend or beginning next week...so I'm thinking sometime in April!) I will start blogging. I can see lots of material for the blog, lots of home-projects: painting, gardening, tiling, etc.
Take care and I hope I post sooner than April!!
3 comments:
oh kimbo. i know what you mean. what schmucks for getting your hopes up and then being just incompetent enough to frustrate the deadlines. :)
keep your chin up and your boxes packed. you will eventually move into the house and unpack your blender again, this time in the house you pay a mortgage in.
Yay for buying a house! But yes I know the frustrations as well! I am pretty sure banks and mortgage companies have a different idea of time then we do. I can't wait to see pictures of it though! Hope all the unpacking and moving goes well.
Ouch about the cardboard "paper" cut--just make sure not to pour lemon juice on it! It would make your eyes water, promise.
Post a Comment