I should be packing. (I heard once that "should" ought to be taken out of the vocabulary because it often brings on shameful feelings that do not help correct a situation.)
So these are the things I've been doing instead:
1. Learning about compost. I've decided I will use garbage cans to do this for me. It seems easy enough and won't take up much room. How to have enough made, in this frozen climate, before gardening season? I think I will have to purchase the stuff this year. Starting from scratch.
2. Working on my story. YES! Sorry to yell, it is just that I'm so excited that I've worked out the story in my head and wrote it all out. The writing part is somewhat easy for me. At least for the first copy. Of course there is some research that needs to be done, but it won't be too hard.
I've been working this story out in my head for over a year. It has changed a lot in some areas, but quite the same overall.
No: it probably won't get published and become a best-seller. No: I probably won't let you read it. Unfortunately for me I will let my husband read it and I'm not sure if he will give me honest feed-back. And if he did, I'm not sure I could take it!
It is something that I need to do. My voice about a topic I feel strongly about. Like some blog posts, but something more. More serious in nature.
So no boxes were packed today. (Yet: I still have time.) The great thing is that I traded one productive project for another.
That is my rationale, anyway!
5 comments:
Turkey or chicken poop works wonders in a compost to heat it up and cook it. Ours right now has no snow on it because of the heat. It stays hot year round because of that stuff. If you start now you might be able to have good compost by then. I am sure in your neck of the woods coming by some good poop won't be too hard. In our last yard we used the 55 gallon water containers they seemed to work pretty well. I am sure your garbage can will work just great to. How fun a garden - I wish I lived closer. I am sure it will be amazing! It will put ours to shame.
you inspire me to clean up my yard and have a pretty, calming space for my kids to play and me to nap while they play! ;)
What's your book about? I know I'll never get to read it, but I'm curious.
1. What do you mean packing? Did I read that right? Why are you packing?
2. Can't wait for the book. I've wondered about it often.
So it's been a long time I know. I was just going through some old seminary stuff and thinking of you! I see you have moved to Rexburg--I'll be heading up there with my sister Shelley, April 18th to be exact. I would LOVE to hook up. And I AM yelling at you. I have a new email address--I lost yours along with many others (don't ask--I'm tech-tarded). Mine is: my first and last name, with year I was born-(last 2 numbers) @ gmail. Hope all is well and so sorry for this long comment! Do you like how I'm trying to be sneaky with my email--I'm sure there is an easier way but it's the whole tech-tarded thing...
Post a Comment