Sunday, January 24, 2010

Because I Love You

I was eating one of those Dove chocolate squares. They have little messages inside of them.

The message I received was:

Share a chocolate moment with someone you love.

So, because I love you, all of you, I wanted to let you know about the chocolate moment I had.

It was delicious and smooth.

So there it is. My chocolate moment.

Er wait...was I suppose to share chocolate with you, and not the moment? If that is the case, doesn't Dove know how selfish I am with my chocolate? Silly company.

Speaking of chocolate, this evening for a treat we were eating popcorn. When the popcorn is almost all gone, Geoff always hands the bowl over to me. No: not to refill, but because he knows how much I love partially-popped popcorn. I love the crunch of the kernel.

So anyway, Madeline is sitting next to me and hands me a 3/4 popped popcorn, so with just a part of the kernel intact. I thank her and tell her it's my favorite. She then asks, "Is it dipped in chocolate?"

Because if it is my favorite, it would be dipped in chocolate, right? (And I suppose with a four-year old, anything is possible; like popped popcorn that looks like popcorn but is really dipped in chocolate, even if it doesn't look like it is.) That girl knows Mama well. Better than Dove chocolate company. But you know what that Dove brand does know? How to make chocolate.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

oh, how I love your wit. Maddie could've thought you had it dipped in "white" chocolate! (so it's the same color as the popcorn)
But it does show how well our girls know their mama. Any left for me?????

Katie The Lady said...

Gee, thanks for sharing your moment-hahaha! Now, share the chocolate! I LOVE dove chocolate, but I never buy it.

Grandmary said...

I love popcorn drizzled with melted chocolate. Try it! However, for a amazing treat melt nutella 1/2 and 1/2 with butter and pour it over your popcorn.

It's AMAZING!

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

Excellent.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Mmmmm . . . . dove makes my favorite chocolate raspberry chocolates! I must put those on the shopping list now.