I packed it.
That's the beauty of cooked jam. It's a preserve.
My freezer jam I took to my parents' home for future use there.
My cooked jam came with us to keep us through winter and spring. And you know I'll be cooking up more jam next summer. It just has to be!
The jam is sitting, disorganized (for a little while until I can't take it anymore!), on the shelf above the peaches my mom and I canned together.
I love canned foods. Let me revise that: I love home-canned foods. They look beautiful and they are attached to memories. I still remember canning these peaches with my mom. Actually, I remember canning peaches with my mom and her mom when I was a little girl. I got to put the sugar in the jars. I also remember ants... but mostly I remember my grandma's voice and I'm thankful for that.
Above the jam shelf? Nutella, of course.
Above the jam shelf? Nutella, of course.
3 comments:
Nothing beats the satisfaction of stocked shelves from your own labors. Knowing that if times do get rough, there is food to sustain you. The peaches look beautiful.
WHAT was that?? You wrote that you 'left the freezer jam at Mom's to eat later when we return'?? OOps, I though you left it for us!(There IS that quote about possession being 9/10th's of the law, you know!) I'll repent, wipe my sticky red mouth off and save the rest for your return....
love,Mom
Not for our future use there, Mom. Just general future use--your future use. Enjoy. Please.
Post a Comment