Thursday, October 15, 2009

May I be the first to say...

GRODY TO THE MAX!
(I'm trying to bring that phrase back in style, you know.)

Check out this article on hand washing. (click on "this"...if you haven't figured out to do that already.)


May I suggest some nicely scented soaps to make the process more inviting (in case the invisible bacteria on your hand doesn't do the trick).


Oh! And please (PLEASE!) change out your hand towels frequently. I like to change mine once a day. Though the little girl in my home who wipes her half-washed face on the towel inspires me to do this more than anything. But nothing is more unappealing than washing your hands thoroughly only to find a dirty, damp (gross!) and visually soiled hand towel to use to "dry" your hands. Eww. Grody to the max. (If I type it out enough maybe you will say it once to a loved one who will then tell another and then...well, my mission of bringing it back will be helped a little.)


Growing up with boys, I am not surprised to find that men wash less than women. My husband is a gentleman, so he is excluded from this well-studied generalization, but boys can be gross. Even grody-to-the-max.


But really, if all it takes for you (no, not you personally; I know you wash for 20 seconds, with soap, under your fingernails and between your fingers, on top of the hand and on the palm, vigorously, before rinsing) to wash your hands is for you to think I'm watching...well...I'm watching you. I know. I know you need to go back in there and wash your hands.


...I also know that my spraying the door handles, sink handles and the toilet handle (duh) with disinfectant isn't in vain.





p.s. I know I haven't posted in a while. And I know there are no pictures. And I know I can't find the USB cord for my camera. But I bet you didn't know that. As soon as I find it...good posts. Promise. And I've even unpacked every box. I guess I should clean out that nasty car...maybe then I'll find it. Or maybe I'll just find a golden ticket....mmm...golden tickets...

No comments: