giggling.
running.
climbing the apple tree.
coming in, out-of-breath, with cheeks a little cold and clothes a little sweaty.
finding lady bugs and putting them in a jar. watching them for days until they are permanently "sleeping".
pictures of castles and birds and butterflies on the patio in the medium of sidewalk chalk.
neighborhood children climbing over and under the fence to come and play until they're called in for dinner.
bike races on the driveway. annalise always wins...when it is she who is calling the finish line.
hats and mittens and scarfs one day, and just long-sleeved t-shirts the next day. strange October weather.
hot apple cider with homemade whipped cream and fresh candied walnuts on top. dessert in a mug.
a playroom for the girls.
our lives have slowed down.
they are enjoying their childhood.
i am enjoying motherhood.
they are happy.
i am happy.
2 comments:
I'm so glad life is wonderful for you. It sounds like it's a little slice of heaven for you. :) But I miss you!!!!!
Nice, totally. But I too miss you all!
Post a Comment