Friday, October 16, 2009

A Blogger's Story

Since we've moved I haven't been able to find my camera's USB cord.
I've been sad.

The other day, after feeling incredulous about not being able to find it after unpacking every box I thought...wait, I haven't vacuumed out the car since we've moved here....maybe it's in the car?

It was! Under my daughter's seat, of all places.
(see how nicely I rubber-banded it for the move? at least it was stored nicely while hiding...)

I was so excited about doing a post to let you know that I went inside and up to my room to the laptop and turned it on.
And then I stared at this screen for about a minute...

And I'm all like...hey, this isn't Commodore 64 or even 128 days...it shouldn't take this long....
And after a few minutes it finally opened up my desktop to some weird screen that didn't have my usual desktop stuff.
And I got all worried, like this:
So then I restarted my computer and all was well...
and I was like this:

(phew! is my expression, in case you didn't catch that. so much easier on my wrinkle-making when i'm less emotional...)

And so now I'm all I'm-so-excited-and-happy-about-the-USB-cord-so-I-can-finally-do-all-the-posts-I've-been-wanting-to-do...it looks like this:

And then, even now, I'm like ha-ha-I-amuse-myself-when-I-need-to-go-to-the-store-and-buy-more-milk. The amused portion looks like this:



See you soon!!!! Or, er...I guess you'll see me soon.

4 comments:

Holly said...

nice to see you again!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

ok Kim, your blog cracks me up. I found it off of A&L's blog. Do you guys have a family blog too? I want an invite if you do!

Anonymous said...

its nice to have you back.

Heidi said...

you crack me up little sista! good to see your sense of humor hasn't abandoned you with the USB cord. :)