Cleaning. Painting. Polyurethan-ing (seriously, I love this stuff). Doing some family history. Laundry. Grocery shopping. Exercising (I will post about the couch-to-5k program I am doing sometime. and the push-ups. ouch). And a little sewing: mending, piecing quilts. Ironing.
Today I am going to talk about moving into my sewing room. Yes, once again, I am spoiled. At some point I am sure my children will take over this room--when one becomes a tween and needs her space. But until then, we call this my sewing room. And today, you get a tour. (Oh, goody-goody gumdrops!)
This is where my sewing magic happens.
The table.
It is a card table. I am fancy, I know.
(It doubles as a lemonade stand and also a "kid table.")
And yes, that is a television on there.
A Mother's Day gift from Geoff.
I know, he is awesome.
But I think it is okay for you to know that
I need to repair my Nut Wreath from last year
before gracing my front door with its presence.
And I also always take my shoes off
when sitting at a table.
Weird habit of mine I've always had.
I don't even notice it
until I am looking for my shoes. And sometimes socks.
If my shoes aren't by the front door or put away in the closet
I can always find them under a table.
This is my creation-station!
(That is my lame name for it.)
I do keep some fabric in a bin in the closet of this room.
But most of it is out in the open for my eyes.
I am trying to discipline myself to use what I've got
and not buy anything else.
This is the top shelf-mostly for baby receiving blankets.
This is the top shelf-mostly for baby receiving blankets.
And look at that receiving blanket and matching bunny I made last fall.
Isn't he cute?
(I haven't given it away because I used buttons for eyes
and I can't bear to give it to a baby only to have them choke on the buttons.
So he sits on the shelf, making eyes at me, judging me for not stitching eyes on.)
Ironing boards are so dangerous.
Especially with hot irons on them.
My mom and I brought it down here to be hung.
It came with the console table
(which I've never posted on here for some reason)
(which I've never posted on here for some reason)
that I purchased, painted and polyurethaned.
It was a dresser with a mirror, but I only use the dresser part.
So the mirror was all alone. In the garage.
So anyway, it is in my sewing room
and makes for a nice hanging rack for ironed fabrics...
And you may have noticed I pin quilt tops to the walls to look at and improve them.
This one is all finished except needs batting.
I made the bottom for it, along with the binding
(those are on the chair next to it).
I just need to buy batting.
But I am feeling like a penny-pincher lately
and don't want to spend the money.
and don't want to spend the money.
So it waits.






2 comments:
so, ahem, never saw the actual machine! mom thinks you just pay someone to sew it and you take all the credit! :) (yes, mom is here with me right now. it's finally my turn to have her!)
ow! mom just hit me! and called me a little snot! can you believe the indignities i have to suffer as the oldest and therefore the favorite child?
love you sis. next post? i suggest the actual sewing machine in the photo.
the sewing machine is under the fancy sewing table. look closely-i know the pictures are horrible because they are taken from my phone and not an actual, high-quality camera. "oh, woah to me!" i try to put the machine away when it is not in use so that i can have room to do other non-sewing projects.
Post a Comment