1. Wireless Printing.
Have I told you that I use a laptop? Due to tiny apartments we gave up on the big monitor-has-to-be-on-a-desk-all-the-time type computer. We switched to laptops and life became instantly better. Nothing could beat it.
Until Geoff told me about a wireless printing card we could put on the computer. "Would you be interested?" Would I be interested? Well I responded in the way I respond when someone asks me if I would like some peanut butter and chocolate on a spoon: Mother May I?!
So now, lounging on my bed (with the best posture-yeah, right!) I can print anything at the touch of a button. Yes, I have to go downstairs into our storage room where our printer is set up; but it is so very, very nice!
2. Grilled Chicken
This past month I have been doing an intense study of my eating habits. I write everything down. At first I thought I would hate it, but I so very much appreciate it now. I have been learning a lot about my eating habits and in doing so, I can make informed and healthier decisions. For instance, I find myself wanting high-fat, high-sugar foods when I haven't been eating enough protein. Protein is difficult for me. Unless it is in the form of peanut butter. (Why can't peanut butter be low-calorie and low-fat? Why?!)
So after grilling chicken for dinner the other night, I put the leftovers in the fridge as usual. The next afternoon I went to make a salad and what did I see in the fridge? Yes. Grilled chicken. It was perfect. A low-calorie (because I'm not a fan of drenching my salads in dressing), high protein, very filling lunch.
3. Bagels and Strawberry Cream Cheese
Not for me but for my girls. They love bagels with strawberry cream cheese and I love that they can make them for themselves with little mess for me to clean up. They are quick and very filling in the morning, for little girls who aren't too excited about eating breakfast at 7:30.
4. Gel Ice Packs
I've been running. My knee isn't too excited about it. It is getting used to the idea, however, and in the meantime I ice that hard-working knee for a bit after I exercise.
5. My Smart Phone
I love my phone. I check email. I check Facebook (too often!). I play Solitaire (I would never!) I look up phone numbers on yellowpages.com. I google nouns, sometimes verbs. Oh, and it also works for making phone calls.
2 comments:
this is me jealous over here in kent that you have wireless printing. wish i could figure that out for the boys' computer. it would make life so much simpler! but then again, it would make me go through so much more paper! maybe it's good it isn't wireless.
So I 'get' hurting knees, running, and gel packs, and identify with trying to achieve better eating habits, understand the goodness of strawberry and cream cheese on bagels. But #1 and #5 are beyond my ability to get excited about or feel a glimmer of realization on how I could possibly implement them in my life. It's probably better that way...I'm a 60's kind of girl, darn it.
Post a Comment