Three year-old Madeline has an imaginary friend. They are very serious...as it is her "husband" or "prince husband." She usually just talks about him but this morning she brought it to a new level.
"My husband is hungwy so will you get him ceweal just like me?" I didn't want to get a bowl of cereal for an imaginary person so I suggested that she share hers. "No. It's my favowite cheewios. He needs his own."
Selfishness isn't good for marriage...I wonder how long this "prince husband" thing will last...
2 comments:
Do you remember Morgan's Imaginary friend "Rog" not Roger, Rog. It was pretty serious he would talk to him and play with him....Thank goodness he never had a girl one...yikes. (Considering he started kissing girls in Kindergarten)
I forgot to say...I read an article about imaginary friends because I wondered at what point it was healthy and when it was not and they said It's fine....Some kids have them till their 12. Anyway I haven't heard Rog mentioned in a long time, so I'm assuming he grew out of it, I'm sure Madeline will too...:) As soon as she's too cool for Barbies:)
Post a Comment