One of the easiest and quickest projects I have completed is a cover for the car seat. I didn't have anything like this for the girls, but have seen it around town and thought what a great idea! So I went to the fabric store, picked my favorite fabric there along with a complimentary print, grabbed the pattern and went home. The process that took the longest was washing and drying the fabric. After that it came together quickly.
If it weren't for the fact that fabric (anything art, really) is such a personal taste thing, I would make these for baby shower gifts. Perhaps I could take the mother-to-be to the store and have her pick out the fabric and then I could make it...
It is pretty much just a receiving blanket with two straps (that come together either with a button or, in my case, Velcro) sewn in the middle that connect to the carrier's handle. So easy.
From the side:
I will be posting pictures of the nursery (the BIG project) soon. I have been waiting for the crib mattress to arrive to start photographing the nursery. So soon, my friends (who want to see it), soon.
1 comment:
What a great compliment of fabrics and a clever design for your baby boy's carrier. And how cut the girls are mimicking Mom's moves!
Post a Comment