Food post. Again. Pregnant much?
I have been thinking about "favorite foods" lately. Often when you ask this question you will get answers like pizza, or steak, or pasta, or types of foods like Italian, Mexican, Vietnamese.
Almost every Friday night we order or bake pizza to go with our
Family Movie Night.
Pizza is not my favorite food. Don't get me wrong, I do think pizza is good.
But it isn't my favorite.
So what would I exchange for the pizza?
Burgers.
Gladly.
I love a good burger. Loaded with vegetables.
Drenched in a delicious sauce? Even better.
All-beef patty? Yes.
Veggie-burger? Sounds excellent.
(I had a fantastic black-bean burger a few weeks ago.)
Turkey burger? Sure.
Chicken burger? Lay on some pineapple and I'm a happy girl.
So I am pretty happy with almost any burger.
Though I do have some boundaries.
Take a look at the following burger:
But that meat--that will hurt later. I just can't stomach it.
And then next burger?
Reminds me of a McDonald's burger. I'm not even sure if that is real meat.
Though..I'm not sure the McDonald's burger is real meat.
When I eat a McDonald's burger it seems to always trigger a migraine.
And to top it off, there are no vegetables.
Well I see pickles and onions, but not very many.
I've got to have vegetables--or fruit, in the case of Red Robin's Banzai Burger.
I've also got to have meat.
Good meat
(or meat alternative, like that black bean burger I already mentioned).
But not too much, like this burger:
This is something my husband would look at and salivate over.
To me...I think it would take me a week to digest it
...or a few hours to throw it up.
I don't think a person could pay me enough to eat this burger.
The best fast-food burger,
The best fast-food burger,
in my highly-educated-in-the-burger-department opinion,
is Burger King's Whopper.
Then I add one packet each of ketchup, pepper and salt.
So good.
As far as burger restaurants go,
I like Red Robin's Banzai Burger and I adore their A1 Peppercorn Burger.
I recently had Applebee's Cowboy Burger and I will order that one again.
Since two moves ago we haven't had a grill in our backyard. Sad.
This summer I look forward to purchasing a grill and firing it up
(or rather, having Geoff fire it up) and having some burgers.




4 comments:
Whoppers are my absolute favorite burger! Or the double ones!! I LOVE whopper and that was pretty much my only craving when I was pregnant with Jack- I just wanted whoppers all the time. Maybe that is also why I'm struggling to lose these last 15lbs-hahaha
I also love the Royal Red Robin burger- to die for! They add an agg on it!
These are our favorite burgers to grill as of late: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/05/southwestern-turkey-burgers.html
That sounds great, Alison. Thanks. Next time you are up here we really should meet. So let us know or ask Kathleen to give us a call.
Katie- I have never ordered a burger with an egg on it. I love eggs...but on a burger?
Post a Comment