First day of school today. My second-grader is excited. My kindergartner is SO excited. And me? Well I am not going to lie to you. I also am excited.
I always think the moms who are all emotional and sad that their children are going to school are lying. I suppose the emotional part isn't a lie--I too am a bit sentimental (as much as I can be--I'm not a very sentimental person) that my little girl, my youngest has entered kindergarten. But I am so excited for her, more than anything.
And two to three hours to myself a day...quiet solitude. I am not sad about that. How can one be? Here I am, typing out a post. That seems a miracle in itself. (Have you seen my lackadaisical post history this year?!)
So I have a prediction. I predict that I will post more.
I have a few posts to do of project I have done. Like my table and chairs. The finished bench cushions. The roof I just refinished. The many pairs of pants I just hemmed for my girls. (Just kidding about the roof by the way. And I probably won't post on the hemming of the pants, because that is as boring as all my posts on making jam. Remember that phase? The jam phase?)
So that is my prediction. Not promise, mind you. Because maybe with all this free time I will just spend it cleaning the house, brushing up on my piano and guitar, and rubbing lotion on my pasty white legs. What? It is dry in Idaho.
6 comments:
I wasn't lying about being sad about Noah going to school. Excited for him? Yes. But I still was sad. He's growing up and not a baby anymore, and school solidifies that. He's a big boy. I'm sure if I had the solitary time I may be a little more excited and happy, maybe after Jacob I'll be more excited about! ;-)
when will went to school for the first time i think i did cartwheels down the driveway when the bus left. maybe because he was a particularly trying 3-year old and i needed the break.
when tommy went to preschool i cried as i walked away. i guess because he wasn't especially trying on my nerves like the battle with will had been.
i have no prediction on how it'll be for emma this year entering preschool. kindergarten i'm not emotional about. it's all about the preschool, baby! :)
maybe i'll tear up, but that could be due to the prego hormones,too.
haha, I like the way you write. School is kind of like a babysitter who teaches your child. I'm not sure how I'll feel when Avrie goes, because it will mean that she's grown up so fast! Who knows.
Linds- I know YOU weren't lying-but if I said I was sad, it would be a lie. I'm just writing from my self-absorbed perspective. You have always been sweeter than I, and so of course you are sad that Noah is leaving the house.
And in addition to this post, as I settle into three hours of quiet... it is almost too quiet. I am a little uncomfortable with it this week. I expect in a few weeks I will slide into the silence (maybe start blasting the radio) comfortably. Just an adjustment period. And then who knows, maybe next year I will have a babe to keep me company...that would be nice. But I'm not going to expect it.
Can't believe Madi started kindergarten. I hope she loves it and I hope you love your you time at home. I am excited for more of your great posts.
I like the jam!
Post a Comment