
Whilst I slept in the other morning, the girls (three and five) figured out they could move a chair to the freezer and get ice cream out. Not only did they help themselves, they got cones out (we had these as a treat a few nights before for "Family Home Evening") and dished the ice cream into the cones. I got up right after they did this, to get them into the car to go to preschool (I had already been up with them at 6:30 and got them dressed and fed them cereal), and the delighted grin on my five year old was priceless. She saw my shock and I couldn't hide a smile.
"Are you proud of me, Mom?"
"Well, I'm a little disappointed because you didn't ask. But I'm very impressed that you could figure this out."
"You're not mad?"
"You shouldn't be eating ice cream right now; you should have asked; but I'm not mad. Did you make your sister's cone, too?"
"No, she did it by herself."
My three year old: "I put a yot (lot) of ice cream in the cone!"
No comments:
Post a Comment